Public Works Supervisor
Chevy Chase Village, a municipal government in southern Montgomery County, seeks to fill full-time position of Public Works Supervisor. Position reports directly to the Director of Public Works and supervises four full-time Public Works laborer/drivers. Duties include working a base schedule of Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., with occasional evening, weekend and holiday event support. The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of manual, unskilled and semi-skilled labor tasks. Major Duties Include: organizing, coordinating and evaluating the work of full time Public Works personnel, contractor staff (for refuse, recycling and leaf collection, parks and right of way maintenance, etc.) and temporary laborers as may be required in the performance of all department activities.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent;
- Ten years’ work experience in related field; work experience must include a minimum of three years’ supervisory experience;
- Must possess strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, along with a demonstrated competency in the use of computer systems, basic internet applications and software including Microsoft Office and others as appropriate
- Must be capable of performing required manual tasks and withstand the rigors of varying weather conditions with the ability to perform heavy work requiring the exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or materials.
- Possession of a valid Class A, B, or C Maryland Driver’s License or Commercial Driver’s License and a minimum of two years driving experience. The incumbent must possess and be able to maintain a DL-171 card (DOT physical card) pursuant to Maryland law.
Full background investigation, including driving records, will be conducted prior to a final offer of employment. Salary range: $50,065 to $86,756/annual; generous benefits package
Hiring range, depending on qualifications, is $50,065 to $54,163.
Submit resume to:
Chevy Chase Village Office
c/o Director of Public Works
5906 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
or by FAX 301-907-9721
or by EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: Public Works Supervisor position)
Position open until filled.