Dobson DaVanzo & Associates, LLC is a health care consulting firm based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The work of our principals has influenced numerous public policy decisions, and appears in legislation and regulation. Our research helps payers and providers develop, implement, and evaluate equitable payment methodologies. We apply decades of staff experience, access to a broad range of policymakers and subject matter experts, and innovative research techniques in order to best meet our clients’ needs. Our analyses are rigorous and objective, and make use of a variety of public and private-sector data sources.
We are seeking candidates with related experience to fill a Research Analyst position in a demanding, small, and fast-paced work environment and can fulfill at least a two-year commitment to the firm.
Candidates must possess strong critical thinking, verbal and written communication, organizational, and multitasking skills, pay great attention to detail, and be flexible.
Key responsibilities for the Research Analyst position include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with projects requiring quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis
- Summarizing quantitative and qualitative findings in reports and presentations
- Assisting with database manipulation, construction, and simulation modeling
- Assisting with the design and administration of stakeholder interview protocols and survey instruments
- Summarizing stakeholder interviews and client meetings
- Conducting comprehensive literature reviews using PubMed/Medline and other electronic databases and synthesizing findings
- Participating in team and client project meetings
- Assisting with preparation of proposals
- Managing time effectively across multiple projects
Our core competencies include modeling the impact of Medicare and Medicaid payment polices on health care providers using a variety of statistical and econometric methodologies in order to aid in the development of future payment systems.
The chosen candidates will possess working knowledge and experience with Medicare, Medicaid, or other public health programs of the agencies of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, familiarity with CMS payment regulation for Prospective Payment Systems (PPS) for acute care hospitals, long term care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities, home health agencies, and ambulatory surgery centers.
A Master's Degree and a minimum of two to three years of progressively responsible work experience in health care research, health policy analysis, and/or public sector consulting is required.
Highly valued skills and abilities include:
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new content knowledge and skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas, verbally and in writing, in a clear and coherent manner
- Experience with technical writing
- Must be able to deconstruct and analyze large statistical tables and articulate results
- Experience with complex database construction and analysis using Excel
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively across multiple projects
- Flexible/adaptable to changing needs and priorities
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Strong listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required
- Experience with government and/or commercial contract work
Dobson | DaVanzo offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package, including health insurance, and a retirement plan with company match. The company provides lunch every day on site, a fully stocked kitchen, free parking, and a dog-friendly office.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your salary requirements for consideration.
Dobson | DaVanzo is an equal opportunity employer.