High School Principal - Start date July 1, 2019
The mission of The Foundation Schools is to provide a highly specialized educational and therapeutic program for students with emotional and other disabilities and social emotional and learning challenges, preparing them to be productive and successful in their future academic and career paths. The Foundation Schools, which has provided psycho-educational services to students with emotional disabilities since 1975 is accepting resumes for Principal candidates for our Largo, Maryland school. This position starts July 1, 2019
The principal is responsible for all aspects of the school program from personnel to curriculum and program planning such that the educational, clinical, and behavioral needs of students are met. Knowledgeable of special education law and practices is essential. Through building strong relationships with families, students, faculty and staff, the Principal will ensure a culture in which students and adults are supported in achieving excellence and everyone in the school community is accountable for results. The Principal will provide direction to school personnel to ensure financially sound policies and procedures are implemented and practiced, and compliance with all applicable regulations and guidelines is maintained. The Principal will act as a liaison to the community and local school systems' personnel to build awareness and support for the Foundation Schools Programs. The Principal works closely with all Directors under the direction of the CEO to ensure the fulfillment of the mission, vision and core values of The Foundation Schools.
Duties and responsibilities to include leadership and management, staffing and supervision, financial planning, program planning and implementation and stakeholder relationships.
- Master's degree or higher in Special Education or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of school leadership experience of which at least 3 years must be in a special education capacity
- Must hold or meet Maryland professional special education certification or licensing requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of special education law, regulations and best practices
- Other combinations of applicable education, training, and experience that provide the knowledge, abilities and skills necessary to perform effectively in the position may be considered
- Eligible for or hold a current Maryland Administration or Supervision and special education certification or licensure