Legal Assistant - Fairfax, VA
Boutique litigation firm in Fairfax is seeking a highly skilled Legal Assistant/Paralegal to assist two Business Litigation partners and one Real Estate Litigation Of Counsel.
- Maintaining attorney calendars
- Preparing and assembling trial binders
- Drafting shell discovery documents
- Proofreading and finalizing pleadings and correspondence
- Submitting filings with the appropriate courts
- Scheduling depositions
- Monitoring emails
- Maintaining electronic and paper files
- Assisting with overflow tasks as needed
- At least one (1) year of Business Litigation experience, preferably in the state of Virginia, required
- Strong knowledge of Virginia and federal court systems
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Excellent technical skills - Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat - with solid knowledge of legal databases
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
This is an ideal position for candidates who are seeking hybrid responsibilities and are accustomed multi-tasking, working under strict time constraints, and meeting tight deadlines.
Firm offers a collegial work environment and observes a 37.50-hour work week.
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!