Project Manager, Content Marketing and Advertising
NBAA is seeking a Project Manager, Content Marketing and Advertising, to provide marketing and administrative support for NBAA’s advertising program. This position will help plan and produce content marketing initiatives, advertising promotions and sales materials to drive reader engagement and advertising revenue for the association’s flagship magazine and other media products. The role will serve as ad traffic manager and generate data analytics reports. The position also will provide administrative support for the Communications advertising program and designated senior executives.
NBAA is a nonprofit trade association serving a dynamic and growing industry. From our downtown Washington, DC, office, staff members deliver top-notch customer service to our members across the world. NBAA offers generous benefits and a collegial work environment in the heart of the nation’s capital.
NBAA seeks candidates with excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively communicate, both in writing and orally, with multiple stakeholder groups, including staff, independent contractors and members. Preferred candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and experience working in communications, marketing and/or advertising sales environments.
NBAA is looking for a candidate who is passionate about developing innovative advertising strategies and enjoys building productive relationships with a wide variety of people. If that sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume.
Job Title: Project Manager, Content Marketing and Advertising
Reports To: Senior Director, Content
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared Date: 5/8/2019
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Regular Full Time
This position provides marketing and administrative support for NBAA’s Communications advertising program, with duties to include management of insertion orders, creatives, distribution, promotions, sales materials, data analytics reports and invoicing. The position also provides administrative support for the Communications Division and designated senior executives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Acts as a liaison for NBAA’s advertising sales efforts, attending meetings and providing outstanding customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Plans and produces content marketing initiatives to help drive reader engagement and raise user awareness of NBAA’s media products.
- Plans and produces print and digital advertising promotions to help drive sales and increase revenue.
- Assists with the production of advertising sales materials, such as media kits, rate cards, fact sheets and webpages.
- Generates data analytics reports and participates in analytics meetings to share findings, promote product innovation and gauge the success of efforts.
- Serves as ad traffic manager to manage and schedule creatives for print and digital media products.
- Coordinates print inventory usage and subscription lists, and manages bonus distribution plans for magazine and video products at NBAA events throughout the year.
- Accepts delivery of insertion orders, logs order data and maintains accurate run sheets in support of editorial planning and advertiser invoicing.
- Manages vendor invoicing and expense reports on behalf of the Communications Division as well as designated senior executives.
- Provides other administrative services, such as scheduling meetings and activities; arranging travel, housing and transportation; developing and filing documents; and making photocopies and scans of documents for NBAA’s Communications team and designated senior executives, as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive and confidential issues and assures discreet handling of all tasks.
- Follows and administers all company policies and acts as a role model in the adherence to policies.
- Travel – At least once a year to the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (NBAA-BACE); i.e., approximately 1 percent per year.
- Budgetary Responsibility – Data entry.
- Supervision Received – Minimal supervision by the Senior Director of Content.
- Decision Making – Works within clearly defined parameters and rules; makes decisions around prioritization of work and resolves conflicts in priorities; selects appropriate courses of action; and researches/analyzes assigned issues.
- Contacts – Regularly works with internal staff members and external advertising sales representatives to fulfill core duties. Routinely interacts with NBAA members to answer inquiries and facilitate advertising sales transactions. Occasionally interacts with independent contractors, vendors and service providers to facilitate payments, schedule meetings, make reservations, create hotel distribution plans, etc.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in ad hoc workgroups to support NBAA initiatives, as needed.
Specific requirements include but are not limited to:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, including ability to set priorities, multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive and confidential issues.
- Proficiency with Google G Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite apps, especially spreadsheets.
- Accredited bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or other relevant area.
- Experience working in communications, marketing and/or advertising sales environment.
- Experience providing advertising sales support.
- Experience writing email marketing copy and developing content marketing campaigns.
- Experience providing administrative support.
- Experience working for an association or non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with Google’s DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP) ad server platform.
- Familiarity with project and file management tools like Basecamp and Box.