Entry-Level U.S. Patent Prosecution Assistant
ENTRY-LEVEL U.S. PATENT PROSECUTION ASSISTANT
DC law firm with a growing practice is seeking a bright recent college graduate with excellent academics and an interest in Intellectual Property to join their dynamic team as a U.S. Patent Prosecution Assistant.
Training will be provided!
The U.S. Patent Prosecution Assistant will learn how to prepare various documents required by clients and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) in support of client patent applications and will assist with other responsibilities that include:
- Preparing and electronically filing documents with the USPTO, including certificates of correction, POAs, 3.73 statements, and corrected Application Data Sheets for groups of cases being transferred into the Department
- Reviewing and preparing reporting letters to the client for Official Filing Receipts, Notices of Publication, Issue Notifications, and Recordations of Assignment
- Preparing and filing requests for corrected Official Filing Receipts
- Assisting with additional duties as assigned by Firm timekeepers and management
- Bachelor’s degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 required
- At least one (1) year of professional office experience preferred
- Some knowledge of U.S. prosecution and patent laws/rules and familiarity with patent and related sites, including PAIR, EFS, and EPAS, a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Some overtime may be required
Firm is in a highly convenient metro-accessible location, offers excellent benefits, and observes a 37.5-hour work week.
Please submit your resume in Word format to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!