The National Quality Forum (NQF) is a not-for-profit membership organization in Washington, DC, whose mission is to be the trusted voice driving measurable health improvements. NQF does this by convening a diverse group of stakeholders–doctors, hospitals, patients, government agencies, insurance companies, medical device manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and more–to establish scientifically sound ways of measuring the quality of healthcare Americans receive. NQF is expanding its portfolio beyond measurement to identify actions that organizations can take to improve healthcare quality and to develop products which help them take those actions.
NQF is seeking a Product Manager who, after working in a high-functioning product organization, is ready to help build and lead the development of groundbreaking new products.
The successful candidate will:
- Take the lead in identifying opportunities to launch new lines of business which expand mission impact and diversify company revenue
- Work collaboratively across the enterprise and with partners to develop these opportunities into products, then deliver those products to market using human-centered design and agile methods
- Use evidence-based decision-making throughout all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Be a recognized expert in product management and increase the overall product competency in the organization through coaching and transparency
- Bachelor’s degree in related area
- Minimum of 5 years of experience repeatedly defining and launching products using human-centered design and agile methods
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams consisting of subject matter experts, usability researchers, marketers, designers, and software developers without formal authority
- Demonstrated product leadership skills, including ruthless prioritization and use of evidence-based decision-making at every stage of the product lifecycle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills