Well-known Washington boutique with a cutting-edge litigation practice is seeking a talented Legal Assistant/Paralegal.
- Managing case files, pleadings, correspondence, and notices; updating the docket; etc.
- Cite-checking motions and briefs
- Marking documents so that a TOA or TOC can be run
- Handling the coordination of litigation-associated vendors, such as court reporters, e-discovery vendors, etc.
- Assisting with administrative tasks that include time entry, expense reports, travel arrangements, meeting scheduling/calendaring (Outlook), reconciling travel invoices with American Express, etc.
Qualified candidates will be knowledgeable in all aspects of litigation and possess a general understanding of the different aspects and stages of a case. Seeking those who have 3-5 years of experience in a litigation role, preferably in a private law firm. Must have the ability to prepare documents for filing, including e-filing, and to prepare forms of basic discovery documents, such as interrogatories, document requests, requests for admissions, deposition notices, etc. Must be familiar with pulling cases and other authorities from LexisNexis and Westlaw and have public domain and proprietary database research experience. Excellent Microsoft Office, communication, and organizational skills are required as is a strong attention to detail; Mac skills a plus.
Firm is metro-accessible and offers competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit your resume in Word format to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!