IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator
The IT Compliance and Assurance Coordinator works in the Security unit within the Division of Information Technology (DIT) at the University of Maryland, College Park. This position is responsible for managing and executing programs that will assess departmental compliance with university, state, and federal IT regulations. This position will also perform risk assessments of campus departments and provide support as a liaison between campus IT groups and external auditors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, or an equivalent combination of education and experience within IT compliance field.
1-3 years’ experience coordinating or auditing IT compliance activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to instruct, direct, assist, guide, and share information with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, highly responsible, require limited supervision, work concurrently on multiple projects, adjust to occasional changes in priorities, and respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations.
- One to three years of higher education experience coordinating or auditing IT compliance activities.
- Three years of experience working in a diverse IT environment.
- Holding a certification in CISA, CIA or SANS a plus.
Additional information: this position does not provide sponsorship for work visas.
Physical demands: General office work. May occasionally need to lift file boxes or other office equipment, weighing upwards of 25 lbs. This position requires the ability to lift computer equipment, occasionally travel across campus to different locations.
Best consideration date: 06/22/2019 or open until filled.
Please, apply at: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/69982