SUMMARY: Performs the general accounting duties and financial reporting operations for the Friends of NRA volunteer fundraising program, as well as other day-to-day general accounting duties of The NRA Foundation.
- Reconciles and records financial data for Friends of NRA volunteer committee event activity. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of monthly event financial activity and related analytical and file content review.
- Works cooperatively with Friends of NRA Volunteer Fundraising staff to reconcile event financial activity from the event tracker system to financial statement reporting and to ensure all required supporting accounting and tax related documentation is obtained. Assists in oversight of the Friends of NRA accounts payable function, including verifying the proper preparation and authorization of check requests, collection of Form W-9s, and proper account and event coding. Reviews and verifies all Friends of NRA disbursements in conjunction with cash availability reports and projections. Assists with Friends of NRA-related month-end close processes, including preparation and/or review of various reconciliations and journal entries. Performs account analysis, monthly journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations. Assists with monthly reconciliation of inventory balances and works with other finance staff and Friends of NRA Volunteer Fundraising staff to resolve any variances to the even tracker system. Assists with generating monthly Restricted State Fund Balance and State Fund Endowment reports and reviews activity for accuracy and completeness. Prepares individual State Fund available balance and endowment reports as requested in preparation for State Fund Committee meetings.
- Assists with review and preparation of NRA Foundation sales and use tax filings. Assists with inquiries received from sales tax jurisdictions.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end workpapers and reconciliations for annual audits with the external auditors, including reconciling the year-end physical inventory count to financial records.
- Assists in preparation of NRA Foundation Form 990 Schedule G, as pertains to Friends of NRA and other special event activity.
- Stays current with not-for-profit accounting and disclosure issues. Assists with maintenance of NRA Foundation policies and procedures manual related to Friends of NRA and other assigned financial processes.
SCOPE: Extensive interaction with other NRA Foundation finance and Friends of NRA Volunteer Fundraising personnel. High work volume is deadline sensitive. Strong time management skills are necessary. Minimal travel may be required. Overtime required at certain times during the year.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: B.S. in accounting and a minimum of two years accounting experience. Nonprofit accounting a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communication, analytical and organizational skills required. Self-starter, with ability to work both independently and as part of a team essential. Accuracy and attention to detail imperative. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and financial accounting systems required. Microsoft Dynamics SL experience beneficial, but not required.
Credit and criminal background checks will be required of the identified finalist.
The NRA is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled). To apply, send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations (REQUIRED) to email@example.com