Associate Administrator, Office of Program Management
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation may be authorized.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Complete a one-year SES probationary period (unless already completed).
- Complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure report, OGE-278. You will need to provide the information annually.
As a basic requirement for entry into the Senior Executive Service (SES), you must clearly articulate and describe within your resume progressively responsible supervisory managerial or professional experience which involved management of a program or organization of significant scope and complexity. The experience must have been sufficiently responsible to show clearly your ability to perform the duties of this position and meet the mandatory Technical Qualifications and Managerial Executive Core Qualifications as described below.
1. Experience which demonstrates knowledge of management principles, practices, methods,and techniques and skill in managing and coordinating the activities of a multidisciplinary staff which compares to managing engineers, professional, technical, and administrative staff who provide assistance, development and dissemination of program guidance, standard operating procedures, and oversight.
2. Demonstrated leadership in design and execution of program development and management strategies which require multi-year planning. Specifically, this addresses knowledge of and the ability to identify and analyze grantee and program needs, as well as proven ability to develop effective strategies for meeting those needs in collaboration with Federal, state and local government agencies, service providers, private industry, and public interest and advocacy groups.
3. Demonstrated ability to apply expert knowledge of Federal statutory and regulatory requirements and policies as well as knowledge of the structure and functioning of the transit (or comparable) industry to the development and implementation of programs that align with Departmental Initiatives and Strategic priorities.
EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs):
ECQ 1 - LEADING CHANGE: This core qualification involves the ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals, as well as the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
ECQ 2 - LEADING PEOPLE: This core qualification involves the ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals, as well as the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
ECQ 3 - RESULTS DRIVEN: This core qualification involves the ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations, as well as the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
ECQ 4 - BUSINESS ACUMEN: This core qualification involves the ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
ECQ 5 - BUILDING COALITIONS: This core qualification involves the ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, State and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
You are strongly encouraged to review OPMs Guide to SES Qualifications to view a sample resume and for further guidance on addressing executive qualifications in a resume
Veterans' preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
An SES rating panel will evaluate your application based on the quality and extent of your total accomplishments, experience, and education. Applicants determined to be highly qualified may undergo a structured interview and reference checks. If selected, you must be certified by an OPM Qualifications Review Board (QRB), unless you are a current SES executive or have successfully participated in an OPM approved SES Candidate Development Program. You must receive certification before you can be appointed to the position.
To preview questions please click here.