IT Project Manager
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO). This mission of OICO is to enable delivery of HUD programs, services, and management processes by providing high-quality information technology (IT) solutions and services. The strategic goals of OCIO are to: rapidly modernize HUD's information technology to support key business initiatives; transform the information technology infrastructure to adapt to and adopt emerging technologies; develop a cadre of highly capable IT professionals with mission critical competencies needed to meet the Department's goals; and provide secure, rapid, and reliable data and information to our customers. This position is located in the Office of Customer Relationship and Performance Management, Enterprise Program Management Division, Project Management Branch part of the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO).
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12grade level in the Federal service.
Specialized experience for the position consists of Managing IT related projects.
Examples of such experience include:
- Managing software development and/or software/hardware implementation projects; OR
- Establish project scope, timeline/schedule and cost to lead or manage projects from start to finish; OR
- Creating project schedules, status reports or proposals.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, part of the minimum qualifications to perform the duties of an IT Project Manager is to hold a Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or equivalent.
Examples of equivalent certifications may include:
- CAPM (Certified Associate in Project Management)
- PgMP (Program Management Professional)
- PfMP (Portfolio Management Professional)
- PMI-PBA (Professional in Business Analysis)
- PMI-ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner)
- PMI-RMP (Risk Management Professional)
- PMI-SP (Scheduling Professional)
- OPM3 (Organizational Project Management)
- PPM Certification (Proficient Project Manager)
- FAC-P/PM (Federal Acquisition Certification for Program & Project Managers)
Also, applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of these 4 competencies: 1) attention to detail, 2) customer service, 3) oral communication, and 4) problem solving.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-13, you must have been at the GS-12 level for 52 weeks.
Time After Competitive Appointment:
Candidates who are current Federal employees serving on a non-temporary competitive appointment must have served at least three months in that appointment.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on outside employment. To review applicable ethics rules, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethics
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Communication, Planning & Evaluating, and Project Management. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered, if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)),you must receive a rating of at least 84 out of 100 to be rated as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No