INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST (INET)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: managing IT project; technical planning, designing, developing, testing, implementing, and sustaining internet, intranet, and extranet activities/systems/applications; documenting IT security; interpreting and applying IT/IM policies, processes, and guidelines
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: providing hands-on customer SharePoint training; managing accounts, SharePoint rights, managing accounts and access to systems.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: preparing and presenting reports; recommending solutions to internet problems; training on web and portal applications.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: conducting analyses and recommending solutions to internet problems; providing analyses and project costs, benefits, risks, and alternatives for development, delivery, installation, and operation of current and new HR IT systems.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-13) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector providing project management and technical design, testing, and implementation of internet, intranet, and extranet activities; conducting analysis and providing advice and recommendations to resolve internet problems and issues; and preparing and presenting statistical and narrative reports.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
SECURITY+ certification is required for this position.
This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
When the application process is complete, we will review your resume to ensure you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements listed in this announcement. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the Occupational Questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your ability to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Application Software
- Information Technology Project Management
- Oral Communication
If after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities or you may be found ineligible/not qualified.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
All eligibility, qualifications, and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No