Systems Network Engineer
Occasional travel - (Training, Conferences, etc.).
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
This is an Excepted Appointment and At Will position. Federal government civil service classifications or regulations do not apply. All offers of employment are provisional pending successful completion of a background check or investigation and a favorable employment suitability determination. This position is subject to Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) for payroll deposit. The incumbent selected for this position will be subject to a one year probationary period after which telework opportunities may be considered, at the manager's discretion.
Must be a U. S. citizen or eligible to work in the United States. Non-citizens may be interviewed and considered for employment, but employment offers will only be made to individuals who qualify under one of the exceptions in 8 U.S.C.§ 1324b(a)(3)(B). Under 8 U.S.C.§1324b(a)(3)(B), a lawful permanent resident seeking citizenship may not apply for citizenship until he or she has been a permanent resident for at least five years (three years if seeking naturalization as a spouse of a citizen), at which point he or she must apply for citizenship within six months of becoming eligible, and must complete the process within two years of applying (unless there is a delay caused by the processors of the application). Non-citizens who have not been permanent residents for five years will be required to execute an affidavit that they intend to apply for citizenship when they become eligible to do so.
A minimum of two years of progressively responsible IT experience that provided thorough knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, & skills required in server & desktop virtualization & Windows/Linux server support & maintenance, including the latest developments in systems hardware & software, systems security.
- To be considered for the CL 28 (GS 12) level, applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the CL 27 (GS 11).
- To be considered for the CL 29 (GS 13) level, applicants must possess at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the CL 28 (GS 12).
- A strong background & working experience with virtualization & VDI deployments (VMware vSphere 6.X & Horizon View 6.X).
- A strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server OS environment.
- Excellent communication (both oral & written) & organizational skills.
- The ability to exercise innovative & creative skills to solve challenging issues.
- The ability to multi-task & work effectively under pressure as well the ability to work both independently & in a team environment.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or a Telecommunications related field.
Working experience with Linux systems (Red Hat OS) & any networking experience related to Cisco network infrastructure, wireless access points, VLANs, VOIP, firewalls & LAN/WAN connectivity is desired. MCSE & VMware certifications are also desired.
Please read the "Qualifications" section.
The court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this announcement, commence interviews immediately, withdraw the announcement, or fill the position at any time, any of which actions may occur without notice.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants will be evaluated based upon review of their qualifications and the application package.Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No