IT SPECIALIST (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service as listed below:
- Specialized experience is defined ascoordinate the work of Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs), support system program managers and system authorizing official on unclassified and classified networks, work with the Risk Management Framework (RMF), analyze, resolve or make recommendations on task orders, security alerts, and security vulnerabilities.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
- This position requires IAM Level III certification in Computing Environment (CE). Employees are allotted six months from the start of employment to achieve the IAM certification in accordance with DoD 8570. Once certified, employees must maintain that certification, failure to maintain the certification is grounds for removal.
- This position is a key and essential and cannot be vacated during a national emergency.
- Positions in accordance with the 3304 of title 5, U.S. Code (U.S.C).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Top Secret security clearance.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test screening and periodic random drug testing.
- Must possess, or obtain and maintain, a valid regular or official U.S. Passport.
- Must possess a valid US driver's license and be able to obtain and maintain a DoD driver's license to operate a US Government vehicle. Failure to maintain driving privileges could result in termination from federal service.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime/compensatory time, evening, weekends, and federal holidays.
- Must be willing and able to travel using commercial or military air, rail, and vehicle and remain on temporary duty for limited periods of time.
This position DOES meet criteria for re-employed annuitant. The DoD criteria for hiring Re-employed Annuitants can be found at:
All applicants must meet qualifications and eligibility criteria by the closing date of the announcement.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will review your resume and supporting documents, to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and evaluate your relevant work experiences as it relates to fundamental competencies, identified below, required for this position.
Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply to this vacancy. Your application (resume and supporting documentation) will be evaluated to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications required as listed on the announcement under qualification requirements.
Veterans Preference: If you are entitled to veterans preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
For information on entitlement see http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Military Spouse Preference: If you are entitled to military spouse preference, in order to receive this preference you must choose the spousal eligibility in your application package referencing MSP Military Spouse Preference. Your preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are claiming military spouse preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed below preference eligible veteran candidates and above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. To claim Military Spouse Preference (MSP) please complete the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist