Engineering and Architecture Group- Direct Hire Authority
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. May be required, depending on the position being filled, to be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Some positions may be drug testing designated positions. The incumbent may be subject to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment, and may be required to participate in random drug testing.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required.
- Employee may be required to obtain and maintain certifications.
- Appointment may be contingent upon passing a physical examination.
- Dependent upon the position and grade being filled, additional conditions may be required.
- Physical demands and work environment of the positions vary dependent upon the position and grade being filled.
- May be required to drive a motor vehicle. A valid State driver's license may be required for the position.
This Public Notice may be used to fill positions in other equivalent pay systems, (pay scales are found at OPM.gov). All positions, dependent upon grade levels being filled, may require some level of related experience or education. NOTE: New appointments shall be made at the minimum rate of the appropriate grade unless regulatory guidance permits otherwise.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
EXPERIENCE: Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standards; for additional information refer to the General Schedule (GS) qualifications link, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/. Position requirements vary dependent upon the specific series and grade, you must meet any minimum experience or training requirements per OPM qualifications standards and show through experience and/or training that you possess the quality level of knowledge, skill and ability necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which applying.
The DETAILED description of your work experience in your personal resume must clearly demonstrate that you have gained and currently possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position and grade being filled. When qualifying based on education and/or training, all transcripts and/or certifications must be submitted at the time of application.
EDUCATION: Some positions may require "Basic Education" depending on the series and grade level of the position. If you are applying to positions based on your education or a combination of education and experience, your transcripts are required at the time of application to receive consideration.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position in the competitive service, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition. Additionally, if you are serving on a term appointment in the competitive service, you may be converted to a career or career-conditional appointment without further competition.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- This position MAY require you to submit a Public Financial Disclosure Report (OGE 278) or a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This announcement has multiple Career Programs (CP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.gsa.gov/cdnstatic/FTR%20Bulletin%2018_05%20Relocation%20Allowances_0.pdf for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Recruitment incentives MAY be authorized.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.