Contracts & Grants Administrator
JOB DESCRIPTION The position description is a guide to the critical duties and essential functions of the job, not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, qualifications, physical demands and work environment conditions. Position descriptions are reviewed and revised to meet IFES’ changing needs, at the sole discretion of management.
TITLE: Contracts & Grants Administrator
DATE PREPARED: 2019
The Contracts & Grants Administrator provides support to a Regional Support Team (RST) within the Contracts & Grants Division. The C&G Administrator will provide support for the administration of that Region’s awards (both contracts and grants) with the US government, other bilateral and multilateral donors such as DFID and CIDA, the UN, European Union, multilateral development banks, as well as foundations and private sector donors. The C&G Administrator, in coordination with and reporting to the RST Lead, will work within a team of professionals to support one of IFES’ regional programmatic areas and its regional field offices and sites.
POSITION SCOPE: Provide support for Regional Service Teams and support for the administration of the Region’s awards. Manage work activities with internal and external partners to assure the achievement of assigned objectives. Performance and outcomes are subject to management oversight.
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies multi-faceted problems affecting achievement of individual goals, requiring research into internal and external factors. Analyzes and interprets issues and proposes alternative solutions, relying on knowledge of professional standards and principles. Decision-making requiring research and analysis, subject to supervisory guidance.
RELATIONSHIPS: Develops and sustains productive working relationships with assigned internal and external partners to coordinate activities, manage information and report project status. Initiate contact with staff in other departments to exchange detailed, substantive information and coordinate activities necessary to achieve work goals.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None. TRAVEL: Limited.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Job Responsibilities: MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: · Participate in the daily operations of the Regional Support Team (RST).
· In consultation with the RST Lead and others within the RST, provide guidance to IFES program staff in the interpretation of award terms and conditions, and USG and non-USG regulations.
· Ensure compliance with Region award terms and conditions.
· In consultation with the RST lead, coordinate with the Finance division on a variety of common issues
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with donors and IFES staff.
· Ensure compliance with C&G and IFES operational procedures and policies for contracts/grants management.
· In coordination with the RST lead, establish and maintain communications with prime and subcontractors to ensure the smooth working of the contract awarding process.
· In coordination with the RST lead, liaise with donors, NGOs/PVOs and advocacy groups.
· In coordination with RST lead, advise Regional IFES staff on matters related to preparation and administration of sub awards of all types.
· In coordination with the RST lead, support activities of Finance staff in the areas of audit and financial reporting for IFES’ awards.
· Ensure the timely processing of all closeouts.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: POSITION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, International Relations, Finance or related field.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of experience in international development with an NGO and/or for-profit in the development sector and experience with the administration of USG and non-USG awards (both contracts and assistance). USAID, Department of State, and other international development donor experience, and grants and commercial contracting highly desirable.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experience with Microsoft Office required. Detailed oriented and organized. Strong communicator, both verbally and in writing. Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills. Collaborative, team oriented individual.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: English required.
“All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
IFES is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor”