Air Traffic Control Specialist
25% or less - The job may require up to 25% travel.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants must demonstrate at least one year (52 weeks) of SPECIALIZED experience equivalent to the next lower grade/pay band (FG/GS-13/FV-I) in the Federal government. Specialized experience is defined as that which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform the duties of the position, and is typically in or directly related to the line of work of the position to be filled.
*Experience in a military or civilian air traffic facility that demonstrates possession of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the level of work of the specialization for which application is made. This experience must have provided a comprehensive knowledge of appropriate air traffic control laws, rules, and regulations.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as:
- experience correlating information to conduct analyses, present findings, and recommend solutions to complex problems.
- experience creating solutions to organizational positions on programs and issues to management; and
- experience preparing technical reports and policies.
You should include relevant examples of the specialized experience in your work history. Errors or omissions may impact your rating or may result in you not being considered.
Answer all questions to the best of your ability. DO NOT ASSUME THAT BECAUSE YOU HOLD, OR HAVE HELD THIS POSITION, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE FOUND ELIGIBLE. You may be asked to provide evidence or documentation that you have this type of experience later in the selection process. Your responses are subject to verification through job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Any exaggeration of your experience or any attempt to conceal information can result in disqualification.
*Applicants who fail to demonstrate possession of any of the above criteria AND who do not provide the required documentation will receive no further consideration for this position.*
Eligible applicants meeting the minimum qualification requirements and/or Selective Placement Factor(s) (SPF) may be further evaluated on the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA) and/or Quality Ranking Factor (QRF) listed in the announcement. Based on this evaluation, applicants will be placed in one of the following categories: (1) score order; (2) category grouping; priority grouping; or (3) alphabetical, and referred to the selecting official for selection consideration.
Applicants may be asked to verify information on your application for employment with the FAA.
**All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this vacancy announcement.**
In accordance with HRPM EMP 1.29/1.29a, this position MAY be a Career Enhancement Program/Career Progression assignment. The selectee(s) may be eligible for pay retention. Career Diversity is not enhanced when an employee is assigned to a staff or supervisory position in which they previously held on a permanent basis. CEP/CP selectees will be required to certify eligibility. Pay retention is not guaranteed.
Education cannot be substituted for experience.Preview Job Questionnaire Make sure your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications and answers to the job questionnaire.
We may use this vacancy to fill other similar vacant positions.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
The person selected for this position may be required to file a financial disclosure statement within 30 days of entry on duty. FAA policy limits certain outside employment and financial investments in aviation-related companies.
This position is covered by the Department of Transportation's Drug and Alcohol Testing Program. Any applicant tentatively selected for this position will be subject to pre-employment or pre-appointment drug screening. Persons occupying a "testing designated position (TDP)" will be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing.
1) As a part of the Federal-Wide Hiring Reform Initiative (streamlining the hiring process), the FAA is committed to eliminating the use of Knowledge, Skills and Ability (KSA) narratives from the initial application in the hiring process for all announcements. Therefore, as an applicant, you are NOT required to provide a narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA. In lieu of providing a KSA narrative response in the text box listed below each KSA section, in your work history, please include information that provides specific examples of how you meet the response level or answer you chose for each KSA. Your work history examples should be specific and clearly reflect the highest level of ability. Your KSA answers will be evaluated further to validate whether the level that you selected is appropriate based on the work history and experience you provided. Your answers may be adjusted by a human resource specialist as appropriate.
2) This position is covered by the FAA Core Compensation plan. Additional information about core compensation is available on the following website: http://jobs.faa.gov/FAACoreCompensation.htm
3) This Level 2 (Non-Critical Sensitive; Secret) position requires favorable adjudication of an Access National Agency Check and Inquiries (ANACI) background investigation prior to appointment, unless a waiver is obtained.
4) AFSCME Interview Criteria: Article 42, Section 13 states: If the selecting official decides to interview any employee on the selection list for a vacancy, then all who remain under consideration for the position at that point in the process must be interviewed. If the selection list is shortened to a best qualified list through a comparative process, then the best qualified list shall be considered to be the selection list. If it is determined that interviews are required and telephone interviews are not utilized, travel expenses incidental to these interviews will be paid in accordance with the Agency's travel regulations and this Agreement.
5) Position is ineligible for true time and one half.
6) This announcement is also being advertised under VA# AWA-AJR-19-0006RJ-61754. Please review both vacancy announcements before making application to determine your eligibility to apply.
This is a bargaining unit position.
Links to Important Information: Locality Pay , COLA Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
IMPORTANT: Applicants may be rated on the extent and quality of experience, education, and training relevant to the duties of the position(s). All answers provided in the on-line process must be substantiated. Ensure that your application package/resume supports your responses.