SUPERVISORY IT PROJECT MANAGER (PLCYPLN)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Specialized Experience for GS-7 (or equivalent) and Above: Positions at GS-7 (or equivalent) and above require one year of specialized experience at the next lower GS-grade (or equivalent). Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position and is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. Such experience is typically gained in the IT field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is IT. The employing agency is responsible for defining the specialized experience based on the requirements of the position being filled.
STANDARDS FOR THE SERIES HERE FROM OPM QUALIFICATIONS STANDARDS; i.e. for professional positions or positions with a basic education requirement: http://main.opm.gov/policy-dataoversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0100/foreign affairs series-0130/; i.e. for positions with no IOR: http://main.opm.gov/policy-dataoversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification standards/0300/management and -program-analysis-series-0343/) for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by the closing date.
You must have one year Specialized Experience equivalent to the GS-14 level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private/military sector) giving the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position. Experience must be reflected in your resume.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following Specialized experience:
1. Plans, develops and implements protocol for IT databases and cybersecurity.
2. Manage an organization's Risk Management framework (RMF) policies.
3. Responsible for program management of Enterprise Data and Network operation centers.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA): To be eligible for a VEOA appointment under Merit Promotion procedures, the veteran must
be a preference eligible or a veteran separated after 3 years or more of continuous active service performed under honorable conditions.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Programs: This program applies to employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service or Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position with a score of 85 or above; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. For more information:
Noncompetitive Appointment Authorities:
For more information on noncompetitive appointment authority eligibility requirements:
- Persons with Disabilities - Schedule A
- Special Hiring Authority for Veterans
- Special Hiring Authority for Certain Military Spouses
- Other Special Appointment Authorities
- Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/Home/Verification)
SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENT: For more information please visit https://www.sss.gov
This position has been identified as covered by DoD 8570.1-M, Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program. This position is
designated as Information Assurance Technical Category Level III (IAM III) and OGE-450.
This position requires Acquisition Workforce Level III certification in and category title e.g. Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering). Certification prior to hiring is not essential but must be accomplished within 24 months after entry into this position.
*NOTE: If you submit a resume but no questionnaire, you cannot be considered for the position. If you submit a questionnaire but no resume, you cannot be considered for the position. Your application will be appropriately documented and you will be removed from further competition against this announcement.
Declining to be interviewed or failure to report for a scheduled interview will be considered as a declination for further consideration for employment against this vacancy.
This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Pay scale for Seaside, CA $149,606 - $166,500
Pay scale for San Antonio, TX $123,725 - $160,841
Pay scale for Alexandria, VA $137.849 - $166,500
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Data Management
- Project Management
Military Spouse Preference: If you are entitled to military spouse preference, in order to receive this preference you must choose the spousal eligibility in your application package referencing MSP Military Spouse Preference. Your preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency. If you are claiming military spouse preference and qualified for the position, your name will be placed below preference eligible veteran candidates and above non-preference candidates on a list sent to the hiring manager for employment consideration. To claim Military Spouse Preference (MSP) please complete the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes Position sensitivity and risk Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk Trust determination process Suitability/Fitness