Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Providing professional leadership in the performance/and or evaluation and application of systematic scientific reviews of literature and/or data analyses which includes the review and evaluation of large National datasets, question development, literature searches, screening and selection, data extraction and risk of bias assessment.
- Summarizing, synthesizing and/or applying scientific evidence and data, assisting in developing conclusion statements and evidence grades, and help to identify research gaps.
- Developing technical abstracts and project reports and delivering scientific results in briefings and presentations.
- Understanding how evidence-based systematic scientific reviews and data serve to inform dietary guidance and policy development and ultimately meaningful consumer messaging.
- Establishing objectives, tasks, timelines for projects, and/or directing projects to achieve desired outcomes within resource and time constraints.
- Monitoring progress, identify issues and opportunities, and derive conclusions and consider applications.
- Communicating orally and in writing with a wide array of audiences (i.e., senior Executive officials, management and staff, senior policy makers, Federal state and local program partners and providers, and nutrition professionals.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
The individual must have earned a bachelor's degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university or foreign equivalent and provide your transcripts with your application.
The applicant must have completed the following criteria below:
- Bachelor's or graduate/higher level degree in the fields of dietetics, food, nutrition, food service management, institution management, or related science. The educational program must have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (external link) (ACEND), or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. For dietitian positions, the curriculum must have been in accordance with the qualifying requirements established by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) (external link) (formerly American Dietetic Association (external link) (ADA) prior to January 1, 2012) in effect at the time of graduation.
Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 10505729. Current or former Federal employees or other eligible applicants may apply to both announcements to expand all possibilities of consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. See the above announcement for more information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures and USDA policy using category rating. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of two or three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined based on applicants' quality of experience and the extent they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Analytical - Skilled in analytical research design and methodologies for interpreting, evaluating and applying scientific literature and data to develop and advance nutrition guidance, authoritative policy, and coordinate nutrition guidance and consumer-oriented education messages, materials and initiatives.
- Project Management - Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
- Communication - Uses clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others.
- Computer Skills - Uses computers, software applications, databases, and automated systems to accomplish work.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10505399 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No Position sensitivity and risk Non-sensitive (NS)/Low Risk Trust determination process Credentialing, Suitability/Fitness