Occasional travel - Up to 5% Business Travel required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Specialized Experience GS-13: One year of specialized experience which includes evaluating programs addressing the needs of service members and their families; developing content lifecycle strategies (i.e. media and community relations) and collaborating with various stakeholders to develop communication strategies to inform service members and their families about programs and services. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
Specialized Experience GS-14: One year of specialized experience which includes evaluating programs addressing the needs of service members and their families; developing content lifecycle strategies (i.e. media and community relations); developing policy to support the needs of service members and their families; and collaborating with various stakeholders to develop communication strategies to inform service members and their families about programs and services. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Communications and Media
- Interpersonal Skills
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Organizational Awareness
- Planning and Evaluating
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. Duties described reflect the full performance GS-14 level. If not selected at the full performance level, duties will be performed in a developmental capacity under close supervision.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your résumé and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your résumé and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.