Floater Legal Administrative Assistant
FLOATER LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
HOURS: Monday through Friday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. with 1 hour for lunch (35-hour work week)
***Must be flexible to work overtime
Mid-size litigation firm in downtown D.C. seeks a bright entry-level with at least one year of law firm or office experience, preferably two, to join their dynamic team as a Legal Administrative Assistant.
- Proofreading and editing documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, formatting, and typographical errors with a high degree of accuracy
- Preparing pleadings and correspondence of a legal nature such as summonses, complaints, motions, and subpoenas from draft form
- Assisting attorneys and paralegals with court filings, production of final documents (including copying and binding), and preparing and completing electronic filings with courts
- Organizing and maintaining pleadings for large, complex litigation matters; ensuring proper indexing and filing of original legal documents (in hard copy and electronic form)
- Filing correspondence and legal documents in office paper and electronic filing systems; conducting periodic review for possible storage of older files and preparing files for off-site storage
- Arranging and coordinating complex travel schedules and reservations
- Preparing attorney expense reports with a high degree of accuracy; entering attorney time for billing in a timely manner
- Reviewing, editing, and preparing cover letters and invoice summaries of client bills for billing partners
- Coordinating and arranging meetings, preparing agendas, making appointments, and reserving facilities
- Making photocopies and scanning correspondence, pleadings, reports, and other printed materials
- Printing legal cases using automated legal research sources
- Answering and screening attorney phone calls
- Performing special projects as assigned
- 1-2 years of law firm or office experience in a professional services environment
- Exceptional word processing and computer skills to include knowledge of Windows applications and Microsoft Office and a minimum accurate typing speed of 65 WPM
- Strong interpersonal skills so as to be able to facilitate positive communication within a diverse group of clients, attorneys, support staff, and vendors
- Ability to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact; ability to maintain confidentiality of attorney-client relationships
- Outstanding organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under strict deadlines
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!