Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please note your resume must thoroughly support your responses to the vacancy questions. Your resume is an integral part of the process for determining if you meet the basic qualifications of the position and determining if you are to be among the best qualified.
Applicants must meet eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Degree: accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. (The term "accounting" means "accounting and/or auditing" in this standard. Similarly, "accountant" should be interpreted, generally, as "accountant and/or auditor.")
Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include oneof the following:
- Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law;
- A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or
- Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant's education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
In addition to the Basic Requirements:
Specialized Experience: Applicants must have a minimum of one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 in the Federal service. For this position, specialized experience includes the following:
GS-12 Specialized experience includes: Conducting financial or performance audits using generally accepted auditing standards; contributing to developing audit or accounting policies and procedures; drafting audit findings; and/or evaluating audit findings and presenting findings and recommendations to management.
GS-13 Specialized experience includes: Conducting audits relating to performance audits; performing examination and appraisals of entity records, reports and programmatic activities; and/or preparing and conducting oral presentations to management officials and external parties.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Degree Accounting; or a degree in a related field such as business administration. To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
If you are qualifying based on positive education, please provide a copy of your college transcript. The transcript may be unofficial or photocopy at time of application, but MUST provide the original if selected.
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order to receive credit towards qualifications. Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If selected, an official transcript will be required prior to appointment.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
All applicants will be rated on the extent and quality of experience and education relevant to the duties of the position. The FCC determines the BEST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES based on the major job related competencies and evaluation of your knowledge, skills, and abilities reflected in your application and supporting documents using the CATEGORY RATING PROCESS. All eligible applicants under Delegated Examining (DEU) will be placed in one of the following three categories:
1. Highly Qualified (Score 90-100) - the applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of major job related competencies and possession of all evaluation criteria;
2. Fully Qualified (Score 80-89) - the applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of major job related competencies and possession of the evaluation criteria; and
3. Minimally Qualified (Score of 70-79)- the applicants possessing only the specialized experience described in the vacancy announcement.
An automated score is administered based on the on-line application process used. Eligible applicants will receive a numerical rating based on their responses to the job specific questions for this position.
Application of Veterans Preference: The category rating process does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three" but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have compensable service-connected disability at least 10 percent MUST be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher.
A selecting official may make selection from the highest quality category ("HIGHLY QUALIFIED") provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in the same category.
Applicants under Merit Promotion will be considered in accordance with the agency's merit promotion plan and union agreement.
There are several parts to the application process that affect the overall evaluation of your application including:
1. the core questions
2. the vacancy questions
3. supplemental documentation (e.g., DD-214, SF-50, SF-15, transcripts), if applicable; and
4. your resume.
Applicants will be rated ineligible, if they do not respond to job specific questions, provide supplemental documents and submit resume. For more information, please click on Rating Process.
You will be evaluated for this position on the following Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other characteristics (KSAOs):
Knowledge of accounting and auditing principles, practices and concepts.
Ability to plan and conduct performance and/or financial audits.
Ability to collect and document information and use databases and spreadsheet applications for extracting and analyzing data.
Ability to presents ideas clearly, concisely and logically, orally and in writing.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No