Public Affairs Specialist (Strategic Communications Coordinator)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Time in grade:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the next lower grade to be considered for the next higher grade (e.g. one year at the GS-13 grade level for consideration for the GS-14 grade level.).
Specialized Experience: To qualify for the GS-14, you must possess one year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service, or comparable experience not gained through the federal service.
Examples of qualifying work experience include:
- leading and managing the planning, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of complex public affairs program requirements and information and communications strategies;
- extensive experience in public relations and communication techniques as it relates to fostering relationships and interests among major general public and external stakeholder segments;
- leading development and dissemination of policy formulation and policy and program materials that inform large numbers of internal and external stakeholders, including the public;
- and advising senior managers/officials on how to respond to potential public reactions to proposed programs and policies (i.e., agricultural and natural resources conservation programs).
Additional selections maybe filled from this job announcement.
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here:
THERE IS NO EDUCATION SUBSTITUTION AT THIS GRADE LEVEL (GS-14)
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number FPCBC-0005687-MP-WDC-ELP. Current or former Federal employees or other eligible applicants may apply to both announcements to expand all possibilities of consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. See the above announcement for more information.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- This position is eligible for telework within the local commuting area of the position and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- PLEASE NOTE: In the interest of filling these positions as efficiently as possible, we are requiring the following:
- If called for an interview, applicants must be available to interview within 3 business days of being contacted.
- If a tentative job offer is extended, selectee will have 2 business days in which to accept or decline.
- It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. See more information at: http://www.chcoc.gov/transmittals/TransmittalDetails.aspx?TransmittalID=6465
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applications will be evaluated in accordance with Office of Personnel Management's (OPM) Delegated Examining Procedures and USDA policy using category rating. Applicants who meet basic minimum qualifications will be placed in one of two or three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference will receive selection priority over non-veterans. Category placement will be determined based on applicants' quality of experience and the extent they possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA) or competencies:
- Communications and Media
- Information Assurance
- Information Dissemination
- Interpersonal Skills
- Organizing and Prioritizing Work
- Program Management
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10500759 Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No Position sensitivity and risk Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk Trust determination process National security