2 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: College Park, MD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Real Estate – Property/Facilities Management
Manages Others: No
Education: High School
Experience: 5+ year’s recent experience
Capstone On-Campus Management in College Park is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team. The Maintenance Technician will assist us with all aspects of facility maintenance, renovation and repair for a student apartment community. Qualified candidates must have experience in higher-end conventional or student housing maintenance. Responsibilities include inspections, performing repairs, preparing vacant units and answering after hours emergency calls. This position does serve in a duty rotation with on-call responsibilities. Projecting a professional image through interactions with all internal and external customers is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes interior and exterior maintenance projects as set forth by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Responds to all maintenance requests within 24 hours.
- Conducts daily general inspections of assigned buildings and reports findings of inspections to the Maintenance Supervisor with appropriate recommendations.
- Monitors snow accumulation to ensure steps are taken to prevent ice buildup on the property.
- Performs general furniture repair, painting during non-turn periods, general plumbing, some appliance repair, minor electrical repairs, HVAC repairs, and minor carpentry.
- Performs inspections when units are vacated.
- Participates in a 24-hour emergency maintenance on-call schedule on a rotating basis.
- Responds within 30 minutes for emergency calls.
- Works mandatory overtime with no leave approved during the turn period.
- Escorts contractors onto property.
- Assist with room set-ups and furniture movement.
- Completes paperwork-i.e. weekly fire panel and vandalism reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent medical, dental and vision
- Life and long-term disability insurance coverage
- 401(k) program with company matching contributions
Demonstrated experience in HVAC, plumbing, appliance repair, electrical and carpentry are required.
Hourly rate of pay is $20.00.
Should you have any questions please contact L. Carthens, Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.