Entry-Level Recruiting Assistant
- Full Time
Legal Recruiting Coordinator
Elite global law firm serving leading companies, financial institutions and governments worldwide is seeking an experienced Legal Recruiting Coordinator for its DC Office.
With lawyers operating from more than 40 locations, working in virtually every country of the world, we have invested heavily in building a high-quality full-service practice competing at the top of the market. We are distinguished by our on-the-ground presence in the world’s key financial markets and our strengths in handling complex cross-border work.
Their lawyers are globally minded, enterprising, collaborative and committed to excellence. Diversity is a core value of our Firm and it has been recognized with numerous awards and top rankings around the world. Our people represent 90 nationalities and speak 80 languages.
Seeking a high caliber individual to help us take our recruitment function to the next level and be a best in class function. This candidate will have excellent client relationship management skills as well as outstanding professional presence.
• Thinking creatively, strategically, commercially and competitively to meet our objectives of hiring top talent and recruiting for long-term strategic fit
• End to end support and execution of summer associate program (including general admin support; helping to organize various internal and external events; support and act as resource to summer associates to ensure smooth transitions from law school to law firm)
• Metrics, data management (offer tracking), on boarding
• Build relationships with key recruiting contacts within the business and HR functions and partner with them
• Monitor and help drive the sell process for all candidates once an offer has been extended
• Support planning and execution of interview season, track and manage candidates from application/ resume screening stage through to scheduling interview, managing and tracking feedback
• Monitor and drive the sell process for all candidates (summer and lateral) once an offer has been extended
• Serve as the W&C relationship manager with key contacts at universities (i.e. careers services, placement offices, deans, faculties, student societies). Continually source and develop these relationships to ensure meaningful engagement and dialogue
• Involvment in team projects which can be marketing/ social media related
• Ensure a constant flow of consistent, on-brand information and ensure diligence in presentation.
• Support Associate lateral recruitment where necessary.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Proven ability to quickly develop relationships with internal and external clients, such as the broader recruiting team, People team, and colleagues to drive measureable results against strategy
- Excellent oral and written communication with outstanding presentation skills, and strong competency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Client service oriented and credible
- Strong Project Management skills: ability to manage competing/ conflicting priorities to achieve optimal results
- Results-orientated: ability to handle multiple, time-sensitive projects while focusing on the quality of work delivered to clients
- Committed team player: ability to work effectively as a leader and follower in cross-functional and global teams
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated and achievement oriented
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Able to work autonomously. Handles pressured situations calmly and with care
- Keep current on key recruitment and industry trends, and rely a strong external network of peers
- Excellent business acumen and administrative skills
- Displays tenacity, a can-do attitude, eager to be involved in new initiatives
- Good judgement and professional maturity
- Strong professional presence
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant professional recruiting experience in a law firm or other professional services’ recruiting department is strongly preferred
- Strong technical skills on the following applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Taleo, viRecruit, viDesktop or other Talent Management Systems
We look forward to hearing from you!