Information Technology Specialist (System Analysis)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time in Grade Requirements – Federal applicants must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade to satisfy time-in-grade restrictions contained in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F.
Minimum Qualification Requirement for the GS-12 level
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service performing technical analysis of software tools, documentation, and work processes in direct support of an organization’s automation; experience working with various computer systems, software analysis programs or tools; experience assisting in making corrections, modifications and/or enhancements to those systems; and experience coordinating with stakeholders to facilitate automation decisions and activities that affect operations for improved business process solutions and experience writing recommendations and supporting analytical documentation for purchases of hardware and software.
In addition to meeting the qualifications above, individuals must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
There is no educational substitution at the GS-12 level.
- CTAP/ICTAP Eligibility: Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof that they meet the requirements of 5 CFR 330.605 (a) for CTAP and 5 CFR 330.704 for ICTAP and must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria. This includes a copy of the agency notice, a copy of their most recent Performance Rating and a copy of their most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location. Please annotate your application to reflect that you are applying as a CTAP or ICTAP eligible.
- E-Verify: DOI uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for and performance of higher-level duties.
- Additional selections may be made within 90 days of the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Candidates are required to possess certain Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the functions of this position. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate their attainment of these KSAs in an online job questionnaire. The KSAs are:
- Knowledge of and skill in applying systems design tools, methods, and techniques, including automated systems analysis and design tools; systems design standards, policies, and authorized approaches; systems design precedents or alternative approaches; structured analysis principles and methods; and business processes and operations of customer organizations sufficient to develop requirements and specifications for systems that meet business requirements; advise on the merits of proposed systems development projects; and apply a structured systems analysis approach to the design and development of new or enhanced applications.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security concepts, principles and standards (NIST SP-800, FIPS-199, FIPS-200, FISMA).
- Skill in applying customer business requirements to assist customers in installing applications, troubleshoot post-installations problems; and coordinate the technical support of deployed applications.
- Knowledge of a variety of technologies and products such as: SQL server, SQL query language, business intelligence software, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Server 2012 (or later), user authentication installation, configuration and remediation of anti-malware applications; review and respond to CDM remediation; telecommunication principles and practices; Voice over IP technologies, PSTN circuits, and data circuits.
- Ability to present technical information and concepts in a clear and understandable manner to end users, peers and management.
After the closing date of the announcement, we will review your resume per Category Rating or Numerical Scoring procedures to ensure that qualification and eligibility requirements are met. If we use the Category Rating procedure, and it is determined that you meet the minimum qualification requirements, your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire will be validated against your resume to determine if you meet the qualification requirements for this position. If a determination is made that qualifications and/or experience have been inflated, your score will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account. All of your applications will appear on the Welcome page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an Additional Application Information page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes