6 days left
- Full Time
50% or less - Business Travel may be required up to 40%
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Applicants will be evaluated to determine if they meet the minimum qualification requirements and on the extent to which their application shows possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) associated with the position. KSA's:
(1) Expert in the knowledge of Army Trial Counsel (prosecution) and Defense Counsel Services.
(2) Knowledge of advocacy issues.
(3) Knowledge of and experience in establishing, implementing, and overseeing the advocacy and litigation training programs covering military justice and civil litigation.
(4) Skill in providing legal advice to attorneys, judges, and high level legal departments regarding Army advocacy.
(5) Ability to write publications in Army legal material to educate attorneys on new developments in military justice and civil litigation.
(6) Skill in counsel training to improve uniformed counsel and civilian attorney judgment and performance.
VETERANS PREFERENCE INFORMATION: There is no formal rating system for applying veteran's preference to attorney appointments in the excepted service; however, the Department of the Army considers veteran's preference eligibility a positive factor for attorney hiring. Applicants eligible for veteran's preference must include that information in their cover letter or resume and attach supporting documents (e.g., DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active duty) to their submissions. Although the point-preference system is not used, applicants eligible to claim a 10-point preference must submit a Standard Form (SF) 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference, and supporting documentation required for the specific type of preference claimed. (SF 15, which lists the types of 10-point preference and the required supporting documents, is available from the Office of Personnel Management Website at http://www.opm.gov/ .)
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENTS: If currently employed as an attorney by the Federal Government must have completed 1 year at the next lower grade level within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement, or previously served at the same or higher grade as the position being filled.
The following minimum qualification requirements must be met before applicants are eligible for further consideration:
Education: An applicant must have successfully completed a full course of study in a school of law accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and have the first professional law degree (LLB or JD).
Bar membership: Applicant must currently be a member in good standing of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, District of Columbia, or Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
Experience: Applicant must have two or more years of professional legal experience, acquired after being admitted to the bar, commensurate with the duties and responsibilities of the position. Graduation from an ABA-Accredited Law School in the top 25% of the class or an advanced law degree such as a Master of Laws (LLM) may substitute for one year of the required professional legal experience.
Please refer to Qualifications section for information on the education requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 56 - Legal position
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the qualification requirements listed on this announcement as described in this vacancy announcement and identified by the Selecting Official.Read more Security clearance Secret Drug test required No