IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC) (FLYER ANNOUNCEMENT)
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
There is no subsititution of education at the GG-14 grade level.
- This position is a DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1599f.
- If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
- This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to the competitive service.
- Telework availability will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination
- A three year probationary period is required.
- Individuals tentatively selected for drug testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Moving costs MAY be paid. They MUST be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives MAY be authorized.The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 makes certain reimbursements/payments taxable. For information on these changes and the Relocation Income Tax Allowance (RITA), for which some appointees are eligible, click here.
- This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
- This is a DISA acquisition workforce DAWIA position in the PROGRAM MANAGEMENT. Selectee must be level III certified (or eligible for certification within 24 months of appointment) in the PROGRAM MANAGEMENT career field.
- DAWIA certification is a condition of employment. Failure to fulfill the certification requirement may lead to a non-disciplinary adverse action, which can include dismissal.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. It applies to former Federal civilian employees receiving a retirement annuity from the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund that are hired within the DoD on or after November 24, 2003. The policy also applies to annuitants (appointed in DoD on/or after November 24, 2003) who move from one position to another within DoD through voluntary reassignment, promotion, change to lower grade or transfer between military departments. Please see this policy here.
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program.
- DoD Components with CES positions apply Veterans' Preference to preference eligible candidates, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 3005, "CES Employment and Placement." If you are a veteran claiming veterans' preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you must submit documents verifying your eligibility with your application package."
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- For more information regarding qualifications requirements please click here.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.Read more Security clearance Sensitive Compartmented Information Drug test required Yes