Public Affairs Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for training and work assignments may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
FOR THE GS-13 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Developing new and creative internal and external expert-level communication strategies on a wide variety of subjects covering the full range of program areas
- Explaining in a comprehensive and persuasive manner, a wide variety of program activities to a range of internal and external audiences, some of which are openly hostile and critical, both orally and in writing
- Developing comprehensive written materials sufficient to explain complex and controversial new programs and proposed changes to existing programs in a manner that achieves broad consensus and understanding of policies, programs, and activities
- Analyzing public reaction to programs in order to recommend and develop creative and fresh communication plans with the goal of minimizing confusion, and achieving acceptance and understanding of activities
- Posting a wide variety of print and graphic media, e-newsletters through web-based software programs
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with public contacts and employees at all levels within the organization in order to disseminate program information in the most effective way
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
For CTAP & ICTAP, well-qualified means that the applicant meets the qualification standard and eligibility requirements for the position, meets basic qualification requirements, meets all selective factors where applicable is able to satisfactorily perform the duties of the position upon entry, and is rated at 85 or above on the applicant assessment. Applications and required documentation (see below) will be reviewed to determine if applicants meet eligibility and job requirements. Qualified applicants will then be rated on the quality of experience, education, and training they possess relevant to the duties of the position and the extent applicants possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (or competencies):
- Communications and Media
- Manages and Organizes Information
- Oral Communication
- Organizational Performance Analysis
- Planning and Evaluating
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
To preview the application questionnaire, please visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10504539 Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No