Customer Outreach Specialist
Occasional travel - Minimal travel may be required
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Factors such as cost effectiveness, labor market conditions and difficulties in filling the position will be reviewed in determining if payment of relocation expenses is in the best interest of the Government.
If you do not meet any of the categories listed above, you may wish to apply under announcement 19-FS-513-P, which is open for any U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes initiating studies and analyzing problems to determine the degree of success in attaining program goals. Examples of this experience could include the following:
-Serving as a point of contact for a customer agency to ensure that customer needs and program goals are met; OR
-Leading forums, webinars and/or discussions to promote products, services and initiatives; OR
-Identifying and analyzing problems, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations
Specialized experience: For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes maintaining customer relations or serving as a point of contact for an agency to ensure that customer needs are met. Examples of this experience could include the following:
-Conducting customer satisfaction surveys and tracking statistics; OR
-Serving as part of a team to promote products or services through various methods (presentations, newsletters, forums), OR
-Preparing effective oral and written reports, and conduct presentations
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR a LL.M., if related
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 36 semester hours (54 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
Specialized experience: For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes supporting outreach and engagement efforts to internal and external customers.
Examples of this experience could include:
-Assisting in presenting forums, webinars, or presentations; OR
-Organizing and accomplishing varied work assignments to establish priorities or meet deadlines; OR
-Aiding the development of communication materials such as reports, letters, and presentations; OR
-Communicating effectively with a wide variety of customers.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: A master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or a LL.B. or J.D., if related.
You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-12, you must have been at the GS-11 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-11, you must have been at the GS-09 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-09, you must have been at the GS-07 level for 52 weeks.
- We will not pay relocation expenses for the GS-09 or GS-11.
- For the GS-12, factors such as cost effectiveness, labor market conditions and difficulties in filling the position will be reviewed in determining if payment of relocation expenses is in the best interest of the Government
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- This position is a nonsensitive position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation. Periodic reinvestigation is required no later than five years after selection and at least every succeeding five years.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Project Management, Analytical, Communication, and Problem Solving. Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 90or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No