OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST
Occasional travel - 01 to 05 Nights Per Month
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: (All grade levels)
You must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in operations research; or at least 24 semester hours in a combination of operations research, mathematics, probability, statistics, mathematical logic, science, or subject-matter courses requiring substantial competence in college-level mathematics or statistics. At least 3 of the 24 semester hours must have been in calculus.
In addition to the above, you must meet the requirements described below:
GS-13 LEVEL: You must have 1 year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes professional knowledge of mathematical methods and scientific principles in order to accomplish complex studies, develop a variety of mathematical models and provide management with viable solutions and recommendations; Knowledge of multivariate techniques and advanced knowledge of pertinent mathematical, simulation, economics, econometric and statistical operations research techniques to use in the context of government policy decisions; General knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, Treasury Regulations, administrative provisions, OMB and Treasury regulations and procedures, and the IRM. Your experience includes use of IT equipment and statistical software applications such as Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Statistical Product in Service Solution (SPSS), database and spreadsheet programs.
1 position to be filled in the Human Capital Office (HCO) HUMAN RESOURCES CUSTOMER SERVICE DIVISION. REMAIN IN POD.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- Must meet IRS telework eligibility requirements.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A 1-year probationary period is required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation including an FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification and review of prior performance/conduct.
- May be required to file a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your resume, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Math Knowledge, Data Analysis, Interpersonal Skills, Communication, Problem Solving. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, (i.e., A = Superior, B = Highly Qualified, C= Qualified) depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category for this position, except at the GS-09 and above.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview (telephonic and/or in person at the discretion of the Selecting Official in accordance with hiring polices). We will not reimburse costs related to the interview such as travel to and from the interview site.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP), you must receive a rating of category B or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No