Relocation expenses reimbursed No
In order to qualify for a Training Specialist at the GS-1712-13 level you must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector, performing the following types of tasks: develop and evaluate training/educational programs; works with program staff to design, develop, and coordinate course curriculum tailored client needs; develop standards for use in evaluating training programs; facilitate seminars and training sessions; provide authoritative guidance on organization training policies and programs; and conduct surveys to evaluate program effectiveness.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Do not copy and paste the duties, specialized experience, or occupational assessment questionnaire from this announcement into your resume as that will not be considered a demonstration of your qualifications for this position
Preview assessment questionnaire before you apply: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10443729
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- This position is designated as a "non-emergency/teleworker" position and the candidate selected will be considered a "non-emergency/teleworker" employee. In the event of a closure, you must be available to telework or request leave.
- At the supervisors discretion, this position may offer work schedule flexibilities: telework and/or flexible schedules.
- A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
- PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps should also apply online to this announcement in order to receive consideration.
- We may make additional selections for similar positions across the entire Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) within the local commuting area(s) identified in this vacancy announcement. By applying, you agree to have your application shared with any interested selecting official(s) at HHS. There is no option to opt-out as your information will not be shared with other hiring agencies outside of HHS.
- The National Institutes of Health participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- The NIH maintains a tobacco free work environment and campus.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
To determine your qualifications and referral status, a review of your resume and supporting documentation may be made and compared against your responses to the vacancy questionnaire. Because your rating is based on both your responses to the questionnaire and documentation you submit, please make sure that your self-ratings are supported by the information you provide in your application. Your qualifications and self-ratings may be verified at any time during the application and selection process through quality review, interview questions, work samples, demonstrations, reference checks, and any other means. Inflated or unsupported qualifications may affect your rating. Any misrepresentation or material omission of facts on the assessment questionnaire or in any other materials you submit in support of your candidacy (including but not limited to the application), or in any oral statements you may make during the selection process shall be sufficient cause to end further consideration of your candidacy. Persons listed as having knowledge of your past accomplishments or experience in your application may be contacted for verification purposes at any time. Verification may, but need not, begin prior to receiving an offer.
To be considered well qualified for the purposes of the Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), you must substantively exceed the basic qualifications by scoring at least an 85 on the assessment and meet all eligibility, physical, medical, suitability, and all other requirements.