PROPEL & Level Up Coordinator
The PROPEL & Level-Up Coordinator will coordinate all aspects of the PROPEL (Providing Opportunities to Excel) and Level-Up Programs designed to expose students to higher order thinking skills aimed at preparing them for honors and AP coursework. In accordance with these responsibilities, the PROPEL & Level-Up Coordinator will collaborate with Department of Instruction staff, principals, and teacher leaders to ensure successful implementation of the key components of the program. The PROPEL & Level-Up Coordinator will also work in conjunction with the Gifted Office to identify students and to support the learning experiences designed for the program. Additionally, the PROPEL & Level-Up Coordinator will collect and evaluate data, and make changes and enhancements to the program based on that data.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Develops STEM curriculum and resources for the PROPEL and Level-Up programs.
• Coordinates professional learning and conducts program training for PROPEL and Level-Up teachers and school administrators.
• Works with elementary and middle school offices and school administrators to align PROPEL and Level-Up programs to the needs of the students.
• Works with Science Office to align, enhance, and evaluate the K-8 science curriculum.
• Liaisons with elementary and middle school principals and Gifted Office to identify candidates for the PROPEL and Level-Up programs.
• Works alongside science staff, LEF and Gifted EDGE Coordinator to secure funding through grant writing and identifying community partners.
• Coordinates and designs summer experiences for PROPEL and Level-Up students working with support from the Gifted EDGE Coordinator.
• Collaborates with Science, Gifted, and Research Offices to collect, analyze, and evaluate data and revise the PROPEL and Level-Up programs.
• Works with LCPS Science and Research departments to collect, analyze, and evaluate program data and makes program changes and enhancements to the program based on that data.
• Postgraduate Professional License in elementary education required; administrative endorsement preferred
• Five years of experience in a gifted classroom or program preferred
• Has demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for building strong rapport and relationships with teachers and administrators
• Has excellent oral and written communication skills
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.