Program Coordinator, Hunter Services
SUMMARY: Provide marketing, technical, and administrative support to Hunter Services department to coordinate tasks for developing and updating promotional materials, database needs, correspondence and special projects for Youth Hunter Education Challenge, (YHEC), Hunter Clinic Instructor Program (HCIP), Hunters for the Hungry Clearinghouse (HFH), and Women’s Wilderness Escape (WWE) programs as assigned. Knowledge of and support for the mission of the National Rifle Association is required.
- Assist in the administration of the of the Hunters for the Hungry Clearinghouse to include working with the state affiliates, directing NRA members and the public-at-large to the state affiliates who wish to contribute eatable protein, volunteer service, or financial contributions to the state programs. Develop the annual report of HFH donations nationwide from the state affiliates.
- Assist in the development and maintain up-to-date, within departmental guidelines, promotional and advertising campaigns for all the programs and materials of relating to Hunter Services department to include design, ordering, inventory, and mailing of materials as directed.
- Assist in the review, update and production of all education materials created by Hunter Services department staff available to NRA members and the general public in a timely manner as directed.
- Oversee, within department guidelines, Hunter Clinic Instructor listings, including instructor certification examination grading, instructor renewal, distribution of instructor certification fees, reviewing required instructor forms, instructor teaching and conduct.
- Maintain an ongoing database of participating HCIP instructors and students (to include current year figures and information from program inception).
- Assist National Manager, Hunter Services with administration and correspondence for the Online Hunter Education (NRAHE), Women’s Wilderness Escape (WWE), and Youth Hunter Education Challenge (YHEC) programs as needed.
- Provide exemplary customer service to NRA members, volunteers, and the general public relative to inquiries, requests, and comments regarding Hunter Services as well as other aspects of the NRA in an accurate and timely manner
- Work with National Manager, Hunter Services in drafting correspondence, memos and reports in a timely manner.
- Answer all phone, email and written inquires in an accurate and timely manner.
SCOPE: High visibility with and coordination with members of the Recreational Programs and Ranges Division, NRA staff, and general public. Position functions in a fast paced work environment with frequent interruptions and minimal direct supervision. Occasional overtime and weekend work required. Position requires the lifting of 50 lbs of materials.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: College Diploma required, but may be waived with demonstrated experience and skills. Understanding and knowledge of shooting sports and hunting preferred. Background in marketing, advertising, business, communication, and/or graphic design preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Excellent oral and written communication skills required. Proven ability to interface effectively with all levels of individuals. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines essential. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required. Creative thinker and self-starter essential. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team essential. Proven ability to assist in the formulation and tracking of an annual budget required.
To apply, send resume with cover letter stating salary expectations (required) to firstname.lastname@example.org The NRA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (minority/women/disabled) offering an extensive benefits package.