Motor Vehicle Operator Supervisor
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Appointment subject to background investigation and favorable adjudication.
- Meet Selective Service Registration Act requirement for males
- Selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit Electronics Funds Transfer Program.
- You will be required to submit to a drug test and receive a negative drug test result prior to appointment. In addition, this position is subject to random testing for illegal drug use.
- You must possess and maintain a current Class A (or higher) Commercial Driver's License.
- You will be required to operate a government (or private) motor vehicle as part of your official duties; a valid driver's license is required. You will be required to submit a Motor Vehicle Operator's License and Driving Record. You must also submit (within a State sealed envelope or submitted directly by the State authorities), and at your own expense, all certified driving records from all States that disclose all valid driver's licenses, whether current or past, possessed by you.
- You will be required to wear a uniform and comply with the National Park Service uniform standards. A uniform allowance will be provided.
- You may be required to work on-call, evenings, weekends, holidays, overtime and shift work.
- If you are a new employee or supervisor in the Federal government, you will be required to complete a one-year probationary period.
- You may be required to travel overnight away from home.
- You may be required to complete training and obtain/maintain a government charge card with travel and/or purchase authority.
- Ability to Lead or Supervise (SCREEN OUT)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles.
- Work Practices (includes keeping things neat, clean and in order).
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation).
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles).
- Ability to Operator Safely (Non-Motor Vehicle).
- Reliability and Dependability as a Motor Vehicle Operator Supervisor.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
There is no substitution of education for experience for Wage Grade (WG) positions.
This position is concurrently open to all U.S. citizens under Announcement Number NC-1616-WHHO-19-10492735-DE.
Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will not be paid. All travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the sole responsibility of the selected employee.
This announcement may be used to fill additional positions if identical vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.
Physical Demands: The workforce performs a variety of functions. They receive, warehouse, and transport goods. They handle, store, and transport museum objects. They perform maintenance tasks associated with a motor vehicle fleet.
Working Conditions: The workforce is based out of a single location. However, during the duty day, those MVOs work in a variety of locations throughout the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and rarely the Eastern Seaboard. They will work autonomously, in small groups, or as part of the whole team depending on the requirement.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document that you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application. Click the following link for more information, https://help.usastaffing.gov/Apply/index.php?title=Alternate_Application_Information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
A review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses provided in the Assessment Questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation, you will be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score will be adjusted accordingly. If a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications or experience, you can lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully; errors or omissions can affect your rating.
Candidates who apply under Competitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are highly qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Best qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
Candidates who apply under Noncompetitive Merit Promotion procedures will undergo a quality review to determine if they are minimally qualified based on the content of their resume and their responses to the questionnaire. Qualified candidates will be referred if all required supporting documentation has been provided.
You will be evaluated on the following competencies:
- Ability to Drive Safely (Motor Vehicles)
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specifications, etc. (related to mobile equipment operation)
- Ability To Lead Or Supervise
- Ability To Operate Safely (Non-Motor Vehicle)
- Operation of Motor Vehicles
- Reliability and Dependability as a Motor Vehicle Operator Supervisor
- Work Practices (including keeping things neat, clean, and in order)
Please submit 1) a copy of your most recent performance appraisal/evaluation and 2) a list of any awards (e.g. superior performance awards, special act or achievement awards, quality step increase, etc.) you received in the last 5 years. Any performance appraisal/evaluation and award documentation you provide will be forwarded to the selecting official. The selecting official will review this documentation and give it due weight consideration during the overall selection process.
If you do not have your most recent performance appraisal/evaluation, please submit a statement as to why it is not available. Please indicate if any prior performance appraisals/evaluations were at an acceptable level. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes