Mechanical Engineer (830)
6 days left
- Full Time
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Receive authorization from OPM on any job offer you receive, if you are or were (within the last 5 years) a political Schedule A, Schedule C or Non-Career SES employee in the Executive Branch.
- Serve a one year probationary period, if required.
- Undergo and pass a background investigation (Tier 2 investigation level).
- Have your identity and work status eligibility verified if you are not a GSA employee. We will use the Department of Homeland Security’s e-Verify system for this. Any discrepancies must be resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Complete a financial disclosure report to verify that no conflict, or an appearance of conflict, exists between your financial interest and this position.
For each job on your resume, provide:
- the exact dates you held each job (from month/year to month/year)
- number of hours per week you worked (if part time).
If you have volunteered your service through a National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, Americorps), we encourage you to apply and include this experience on your resume.
For a brief video on creating a Federal resume, click here.
The GS-14 salary range starts at $117,191 per year.
If you are a new federal employee, your starting salary will likely be set at the Step 1 of the grade for which you are selected.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ENGINEERS: A Degree in professional engineering OR a combination of college-level education, training, and/or technical experience. For specifics on qualifying education and/or experience - use the following link: Basic Requirements for Engineer Positions.
In addition to the Basic Requirements listed above, you must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 in the Federal service. Specialized experience is applying professional mechanical engineering principles, concepts, and practices in evaluation and oversight of energy savings performance contracts; directing, managing and coordinating projects and multi-disciplinary teams to improve energy efficiency of major buildings. Such experience must also include demonstrated expertise in oversight of energy savings contracts; evaluating, rendering decisions on, and taking action to achieve quantifiable, documented savings to the building owner.
Note: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Bargaining Unit status: N/A
Selected applicants may qualify for credit toward annual leave accrual based on prior non-Federal work experience or uniformed service experience.
We are currently filling one vacancy, but additional vacancies may be filled as needed through this announcement or other GSA organizations within the same commuting area.
Relocation-related expenses are not approved and will be your responsibility.
Travel expenses associated with interviews will be your responsibility.
If you are eligible under Merit Promotion, you may also apply under Vacancy Announcement #1911187MBMP. You must apply separately to each announcement to be considered for both.Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
We will use a method called Category Rating to assess your application. Here’s how it will work:
- You will be scored on the questions you answer during the application process, which will measure your possession of the following competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Knowledge principles and practices of mechanical engineering that enables the incumbent to provide expert advice to regional personnel in all areas of energy management within his/her expertise.
Knowledge of renovation and construction in order to manage and direct multiple and concurrent renovation and new construction projects.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated expertise in working with building automation systems and software – includes HVAC controls and systems design experience.
Knowledge of related engineering fields such as electrical, structural, etc. in order to evaluate energy projects and opportunities from a broad perspective.
- Your answers to the questions will be used to place you in one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified [If the use of 4 categories is justified, adjust verbiage].
- We will verify your answers to the questions in your resume. If your resume doesn’t support your answers, we may lower your score, which could place you in a lower category.
- Within each category, veterans will receive selection priority over non-veterans.
Additional assessments may be used, and, if so, you will be provided with further instructions.
If you are eligible under Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan or GSA’s Career Transition Assistance Plan(ICTAP/CTAP), you must receive a score of 85 or higher to receive priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No