Loan Specialist (Commercial)
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes Relocation/Recruitment Incentives may be offered depending on availability of funding.
Required to file an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, upon appointment and as necessary to meet regulatory guidance.
Requires a Simple Agreement Check (SAC) prior to appointment.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Experience in performing loan servicing duties such as regularly examining loan supporting documents and credit reports; conducting risk analysis; and assisting higher-level loan specialists by performing assigned portions of portfolio reviews.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in the following fields: finance, accounting, banking and credit or other related coursework.
An equivalent combination of the above education and experience.
You MUST submit a copy of your transcript(s) if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the federal service. Specialized experience for this position is defined as:
Experience in performing loan servicing duties such as regularly examining loan supporting documents and credit reports and making loan recommendations based on analysis; conducting risk analysis and determining warning signs of credit deterioration; and analyze financial status and risk projections of the financial condition of technology projects or companies within the loan portfolio.
Education cannot be substituted for specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position.
- Knowledge of project and corporate finance to evaluate the viability of a borrower.
- Skill in the research of finance structure such as corporate, asset-based, or limited resource project finance transactions to make sound financial decisions and recommendations.
- Ability to perform complex financial analysis and make sound financial decisions.
- Knowledge of the techniques and processes necessary to monitor borrowers and guarantors of large scale projects effectively.
- Knowledge of review and response to post-issue requests from borrowers and lenders for amendments to loan terms, waivers, extensions, payment deferments, and other modifications to operative loans and guarantees.
- Ability to participate on a team addressing the technical, legal-economic, and financial feasibility aspects of high-value loans for large scale projects.
- Skill in oral and written communications, including business negotiation skills with the ability of writing business correspondence and analytic reports.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade: Current Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement to receive consideration.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Individual Occupational Requirements
Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- finance, business administration, economics, accounting, insurance, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law, real estate operations, statistics, or other fields related to the position, such as agriculture, agricultural economics, farm, livestock or ranch management, or rural sociology.
Specialized Experience (for positions above GS-5): Experience that demonstrated competence in agricultural, commercial, realty, or other types of loans. Experience may have been gained in such work as reviewing and passing upon applications for agricultural, commercial, bank or mortgage loans; servicing a loan portfolio of a bank or other loan association; performing financial analysis of commercial concerns for investment purposes; appraising real estate to determine property valuation; or similar work.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- New employees to the Department of Energy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/EEO_Policy_Statement
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Reasonable_Accommodation_Policy_Statement
Veterans Information: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Veterans_Information
Selective Service Registration: http://www.sss.gov/
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
We will also verify that you are eligible for Merit Promotion positions by reviewing your previous Federal employment to ensure you meet Time-in-Grade requirements. If you are eligible to apply to Merit Promotion announcements based on Veteran or other non-competitive statuses, we will verify your supporting documentation prior to referral.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here.