Occasional travel - Occasional Travel
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized Experience for CN-52: For the CN-52, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the CN-51 grade level in the Federal service (For qualification purposes, the CN-51 is broadly equivalent to the GS-11). Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Coordinating logistics and execution strategy for higher profile external-facing meetings or events; AND
- Managing procurement processes for high-level external event logistics; AND
- Preparing and reviewing written materials such as briefings or informational memos for senior level participants in advance of a meeting or other external event; AND
- Setting and managing budgets for external-facing events and meetings.
Specialized Experience for CN-51: For the CN-51, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the CN-40 grade level in the Federal service (For qualification purposes, the CN-40 is broadly equivalent to the GS-9). Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Coordinating logistics and assisting in planning execution strategy for external-facing meetings or events; AND
- Supporting procurement processes for event logistics; AN
- Drafting written materials such as briefings or informational memos for participants in advance of a meeting or other external event; AND
- Tracking budgets for external-facing events and meetings.
Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such degree in a field of study directly related to the duties of this position that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of this position.
Specialized Experience for CN-40: For the CN-40, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the CN-30 grade level in the Federal service (For qualification purposes, the CN-30 is broadly equivalent to the GS-7). Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Assisting with logistics and planning for external-facing meetings or events; AN
- Disseminating written materials such as briefings or informational memos for participants in advance of a meeting or other external event; AND
- Supporting procurement and/or budgetary processes related to event management.
master's or equivalent graduate degree OR
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR
LL.B. or J.D., if related
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This announcement may be used to fill like positions in other organizations within the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
-Ethics: Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection employees are subject to government-wide ethical standards of conduct, financial disclosure requirements, and post-employment prohibitions, which applicants may review at www.oge.gov. In addition, employees must comply with the Supplemental Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (5 CFR 9401), which, among other things, prohibit an employee or the employee’s spouse or minor child from owning or controlling a debt or equity interest in an entity supervised by the Bureau. Regulations also impose restrictions on the outside activities of certain Bureau employees, including examiners and attorneys. Applicants may review the Bureau's ethics regulations and a summary of the regulations at www.consumerfinance.gov. Questions regarding these requirements and prohibitions should be directed to the Bureau Ethics Office at EthicsHelp@cfpb.gov.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Accountability, Work Management, Providing Quality Results. Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, A, B or C depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 90 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No