Supervisory Information Technology Specialist
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
You must have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service including:
- Leading a team of IT Specialists;
- Developing and implementing policies and guidance related to IT customer service; and
- Analyzing and evaluating IT processes and activities designed to improve IT customer service.
- Attention to Detail: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire and the qualification requirements.
YOUR RESUME MUST provide specific details as to how your experience meets the specialized experience as described in the vacancy announcement if you are using experience to meet all or part of the qualification requirements. Please ensure that your resume includes the month and year that you began and ended each position held or that position will not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Failure to provide details will result in an ineligible rating.
There is no substitution of education for specialized experience requirments.
Career Transition Assistance Programs:
DOJ EEO Statement/Policy:
Reasonable Accommodation Statement: Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Schedule A: DOJ welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities and is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within the Department. DOJ also encourages eligible Schedule A applicants to submit their resumes to email@example.com, and reference "Federal Career Opportunities" in the subject line. Additional information is found at: www.benderconsult.com.
Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA):
Selective Service: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. Additional information is found at: www.sss.gov
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are basically qualified for this job, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the online assessment questionnaire. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application materials, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this job. If you are found to be among the top candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
All applicants' qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, and other characteristics):
- IT Project Planning and Management
- IT Planning and Evaluating
- Vendor/Contractor Evaluation and Monitoring
Please Note: The Selecting Official may select additional candidates if more positions become available within 90 days after the HR office issues the selection certificate. Read more Security clearance Top Secret Drug test required Yes Position sensitivity and risk Critical-Sensitive (CS)/High Risk Trust determination process Suitability/Fitness