Occasional travel - Travel may be required for training purposes.
Relocation expenses reimbursed Yes You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
Time in grade: Applicants must have one-year (52 weeks) at the next lower grade level to be considered for the next higher grade (e.g. one year at the GS-05 grade level for consideration for the GS-07 grade level).
GS-7: One year of specialized experience comparable to a GS-5. Specialized experience is defined as 1) experience assisting and advising employees and their families regarding travel, transportation and relocation; 2) evaluating and advising personnel on government travel policies; AND 3) maintaining travel management software and assisting in the management of federal funds regarding travel and reimbursing personnel.
Education: One full year of graduate level education OR attainment of Superior Academic Achievement (SAA) in a baccalaureate curriculum in a field directly related to the position.
(Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): Superior Academic Achievement must have been gained in a curriculum that is qualifying for the position to be filled. SAA is bases on (1) class stating-applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class, based on completed course; or (2) Grade-Point Average-applicants must have a grade-point average of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on 4 years of education or as a computed based on course completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum; or 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required course competed in the major field competed during the final o2 years of the curriculum; or (3) election to membership in a National Honor Society-membership in a freshman honor society cannot be used to meet the requires of this provision.)
A combination of education and experience as described above.
GS-9: One year of specialized experience comparable to a GS-7. Specialized experience is defined as 1) experience managing travel and transportation for employees and their families regarding local, domestic and foreign travel and relocation; 2) developing, evaluating and advising personnel on government travel policies and programs and analyzing their effect; AND 3) maintaining travel management software and assisting in the management of federal funds regarding travel and reimbursing personnel.
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.B OR J.D., if related.
A combination of education and experience as described above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): Visit the OPM website for information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- For more information on applying under special hiring authorities such as the Veteran's Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 percent disabled veterans, certain military spouses, Schedule A Disabled, etc., explore the different Hiring Paths on the USAJOBS website.
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. Refer to PUBLIC LAW 114-47-AUG. 7, 2015 for more information.
- Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may be authorized. Final determination to pay an incentive will be made by the hiring official at time of job offer.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Technology Application
- Decision Support
- Written and Oral Communication
- Customer Service
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit:https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10495751 Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No