Lead Human Resources Specialist
Occasional travel - Occasional travel required for training.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement. Time-in-grade restrictions must also be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Applicants must have at least 52 weeks of service equivalent to the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position.
Appointment to this position may be subject to successful completion of a 1-year probationary period.
Applicant may qualify for this position based on specialized experience.
At the GS-14, applicants must possess one (1) full year of specialized experience equivalent at the GS-13 grade level. Examples of specialized experience include operating experience in a broad range of Human Resources Management programs including Recruitment and Placement, Position Classification, Performance Management, Employee Relations and Employee Benefits.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application.
- Ability to lead a team of Human Resources Specialists and assistants by evaluating, reviewing, identifying, distributing, and balancing the workload.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of human resources management programs and services.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing for purposes of providing human resources management services.
- Ability to research, interpret and understand technical material and case law.
- Ability to analyze complex issues and developing solutions to problems in the area of human resources management.
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience at the GS-14 level.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for this position will be based solely on merit, fitness, and qualifications without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap conditions, sexual orientation, parental status, or any other non-merit factors.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration regulations. To learn more about this requirement, visit the Selective Service website's Who Must Register page.
- If you are a veteran holding a 5- or 10-point preference status, or you have been discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions after 3 or more years of continuous active service, you may apply for this position under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). If applying under this provision, a copy of your DD-214, SF-15 or proof of preference must be submitted by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide appropriate documentation may result in denial of requested veterans preference. Additional information on veterans preference is available at http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/veteranscenter/.
- If you are a displaced or soon-to-be displaced Federal employee, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under CTAP/ICTAP for opportunities for which you are well-qualified at the same or lower grade level (not for promotion consideration). If you are claiming CTAP/ICTAP eligibility, you must submit a copy of the agency RIF notice or certificate of expected separation, your most recent performance appraisal, and your most recent SF-50 showing position, grade level and duty location. CTAP/ICTAP eligibles will be considered well-qualified if they earn a minimum score of 85 (prior to the assignment of applicable veterans preference points). For more information on CTAP/ICTAP eligibility requirements, please visit http://www.opm.gov/ctap.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be on a case-by-case basis.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education, and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. If your resume is incomplete, or does not support the responses in your online questionnaire you may be rated ineligible, not qualified, or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No