Student Trainee (Accounting)
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Pathways Internship Program Requirements:
If selected, you must:
1) sign a Pathways Internship Program agreement;
2) provide official documentation of enrollment every semester while in the program;
3) notify the agency of any change in enrollment status and/or work schedule;
4) provide official documentation verifying at least a half-time course load as defined by the educational institution; a less than half time schedule is permitted during the final term;
5) provide official documentation verifying good academic standing by maintaining at least an overall 2.0 GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale);
6) participate in Department mandatory training classes or programs as required;
7) prepare and implement an Individual Development Plan (IDP) for appointments exceeding 90 days; AND
8) perform successfully the assigned duties listed in the position description.
See additional "Conditions of Employment" noted below.
This position is located in the General Ledger Division of the Office of Housing-Federal Housing Administration Comptroller. The General Ledger Division, Office of Financial Analysis and Reporting (OFAR) is responsible for classifying, summarizing, analyzing, and reporting accounting and budgetary transactions for FHA Housing activities as required for a wholly-owned government corporation subject to the provisions of the Government Corporation Control Act.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- One full year of progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position to be filled.
OR Education: For the Pathways Internship Program you may qualify based solely on education as follows: Completion of 2 academic years of post-high school study or an Associate's degree. (This education must have been obtained in an accredited business, secretarial or technical school, junior college, college or university.)
OR Combination: You may qualify with a combination of qualifying education and experience. (For example: the completion of 50% requirements for an Associate's degree and 6 months of general experience.)
Experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
Pathways Student Internship Program Education Requirement:
A. Must be a current student at an accredited high school (public or private) or in a home-school program*; college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, or trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution, on a full or half-time basis (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled) pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
*Secondary home-school curricula must be recognized by the State or local government oversight agency.
B. You must maintain student eligibility and enrollment for the duration of the internship. If you do not maintain eligibility and enrollment, you are ineligible for this program. Please review the "REQUIREMENTS" section of the vacancy announcement to ensure that you qualify to apply to this internship.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This appointment may be extended depending on the organization’s needs and funding.
- This is a bargainingunit position. However, temporary employees with appointments less than 6 months are not in the bargaining unit.
- This position is Non-Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- HUD provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Applicant Call Center at 304-480-7300 for assistance.
- HUD may convert a student non-competitively from the Pathways Student Trainee Program to a term or permanent position in the competitive service. However, conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed. Student must be U.S. citizens and meet the following requirements to be eligible for conversion:
a. Complete the required number of hours of work experience (generally, at least 640 hours) while enrolled as a full-time or half-time degree-seeking student;
b. Complete the educational requirements from a qualifying institution;
c. Receive a favorable recommendation by an official of the agency; and
d. Meet the qualification requirements for the position to which the Student will be converted.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Subject to a Trial period for the duration of the Pathways Student Trainee Program appointment.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
HUD employees are subject to a number of government-wide and HUD specific ethics laws and regulations, including restrictions on outside employment. To review applicable ethics rules, please visit https://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/general_counsel/ethicsRead more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your resume includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your resume may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Communication and Attention to Detail.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the listing.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No