IN-HOUSE SEC PARALEGALThe Corporate and Securities Paralegal researches law, investigates facts and prepares documents to support the Corporate Legal initiatives and its subsidiaries. This includes support of Board meeting preparation, corporate governance matters, disclosure and SEC filings, contracts management process and serves as liaison to the Company’s outside counsel. 40 % Administer the Insider Trading program in accordance with trading procedures, including employee notification of relevant trading calendar and pre-clearance assignments. Maintain detailed record of related information regarding violations, disseminating trading window notices and ensuring overall compliance with securities policy. 35 % SEC filings such as registration and proxy statements, preparing Directors’/Officers’ questionnaires, responding to internal inquiries about related party transactions and perquisites while assisting with Section 16 filings of stock transactions by insiders. 15 % Provide in-house support to various outside legal counsel with preparation of legal documents as well as confidential communications with Board of Directors and Executive Management. 10 % Entity management and statutory filings for all subsidiaries in all jurisdictions including annual reports, certificates and assumed business names; create, convert and withdraw or dissolve entities as necessary. SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Assist with securities law matters and general corporate activities for NASDAQ listed company
- Assist with documentation and closing for public stock offerings
- Provide support in Corporate Secretarial function by creating minute drafts for Board/Committee meetings
- Effectively interface with all levels of management, Finance and tax colleagues
- Organize shareholders’ meeting, draft all required documents including script, reports, affidavit, etc.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment, discretion and decision-making while completing time-sensitive and confidential priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with others in a team environment
- Works with minimal supervision and utilizes advanced computer skills
- Detail-oriented, including the ability to accurately proof-read is essential
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Knowledge of securities, stock offerings and other reporting obligations
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum five (5) years’ related experience and/or training
- Securities experience and proofreading SEC documents required
- Paralegal Certification preferred