Client Services Secretary
CLIENT SERVICES SECRETARY
The Client Services Secretary is accountable for providing professional and administrative support to assigned attorneys. Assigned attorneys may include members of the Firm’s Executive Committee and/or Management Board.
- Assembling and handling confidential and sensitive information; resolving issues involving internal and external clients by phone or in person
- May be responsible for substantive formatting and preparation of client bills
- Maintaining calendar of meetings, appointments, business travel, and special events
- Coordinating meetings, conferences, or special events; gathering and preparing related materials for distribution in advance
- Composing and formatting legal documents, reports, and presentation materials; proofing same for accuracy, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Collecting, entering, and editing time for client billing purposes
- Coordinating domestic and international travel; preparing, submitting, and tracking travel and expense reimbursements
- Preparing Firm communications, correspondence, and presentations in collaboration with the Firm’s Marketing Department or other resources
- Receiving and screening telephone calls consistent with office policy and individual preferences; refers matters to other staff and resources as appropriate
- Opening, sorting, and distributing mail in compliance with office policy and individual preferences
- Assisting Firm leadership, practice group leaders, and/or business managers with administrative or operational tasks as necessary
- Maintaining physical and electronic filing systems to ensure accurate and efficient retrieval of information
- Possessing an understanding of Firm policies and procedures; directing questions to other staff and resources as appropriate
- Assisting attorneys or staff with team support as needed
- Performing other duties based upon the unique practice of assigned attorneys
- High school diploma or GED required; A.A., B.A., or B.S. degree or equivalent specialized training a plus
- Bilingual speaking skills a plus
- 5-7 years of administrative experience; at least 2 years of experience in a legal environment required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide a high level of quality client service to both internal and external clients
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite to produce high-quality written communications such as memos, spreadsheets, presentations, and standard legal documents
- Ability to accurately type 80 words per minute
- Demonstrated ability to follow directions and work effectively, both independently and with others, in a cooperative, enthusiastic, and friendly manner to accomplish position functions and participate in team efforts
- Must possess a thorough command of the English language, including excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to perform both routine and non-routine tasks with attention to detail and efficiency
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain a productive and committed work effort, meeting deadlines and managing workload; must possess an aptitude to coordinate a variety of initiatives
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of guidance, analyze and interpret data from several sources, and solve problems by applying precedent or extrapolating from previous experience
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion in handling and maintaining confidential information and data; requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to represent the Firm with honesty, integrity, and professionalism, consistently acting in an ethical manner
- Working knowledge of legal terminology and procedures
- General knowledge of documents, business processes, and the operation of standard office equipment and software
- Ability to work overtime hours as requested
- Ability to safely lift, move, and carry items without assistance weighing up to 25 lbs.
Firm offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
Please submit your resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!