Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Performing research and analysis relating to laws, regulations, policies and/or procedures, and utilizing this information to make decisions, provide guidance and recommendations. AND
- Preparing clear and effective reports or other written materials for an audience. AND
- Performing review and analysis of program infrastructure.
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, OR 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.M., if related. Some substitution of education for experience is permissible.
Combination of experience and education. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the requirement must equal at least 100 percent. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 36 semester hours (54 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
Specialized experience: For the GS-09, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
- Performing research and analysis relating to laws, regulations, policies and/or procedures; AND
- Providing customer service (e.g. customer service representative answering questions and resolving problems and complaints, etc.). AND
- Preparing, editing and formatting documents and reports.
Education: Master's or equivalent graduate degree, OR 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree OR LL.B. or J.D., if related.
Combination of Experience and Education. To combine education and experience, the total percentage of experience at the required grade level compared to the requirement, as well as the percentage of completed education compared to the requirement must equal at least 100 percent. Only graduate level education in excess of the first 18 semester hours (27 quarter hours) may be combined to be considered for qualifying education.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable:
For the GS-11, you must have been at the GS-09 level for 52 weeks.
For the GS-09, you must have been at the GS-07 level for 52 weeks.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- Relocation expenses will not be paid.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Public Trust – Background Investigation will be required.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Undergo an income tax verification.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas: Analytical, Technical, and Communication.
Your application will be rated and ranked among others, based on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, training, performance appraisals and awards relevant to the duties of this position. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must receive a score of 92 or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required No