Relocation expenses reimbursed No
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Physical Requirements: The work involves long periods of moving about the work unit. Work requires regular and recurring standing, bending, lifting, stooping, stretching, lifting and repositioning Residents. Must use proper body mechanics when lifting objects and use lift equipment for Residents. The work may require considerable and strenuous physical exertion, such as lifting objects greater the 50 pounds or defending oneself against physical attack.
Specialized Experience: For the GS-05: Specialized experience is one year of experience at the GS-04 level or equivalent in other public or private sectors, that is directly related to the position as listed above and which has equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience is defined as:
- Serving as a Recreation Assistant, group leader, recreation counselor, or similar work in public and private Recreation or Recreation Therapy programs for community centers, retirement homes, senior recreation centers or resort recreation programs; OR
- Assisting in the organization and administration of recreation activities, such as leading fitness classes, gym equipment trainer, conducting tournaments, and keeping score for games; OR
- Ordering and maintaining recreation supplies; OR
- Setting up equipment for games, tournaments, and other organized group recreational activities.
- Successful completion of a 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with major study or at least 24 semester hours in courses related to recreation or physical education.
- You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours of a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirements. Two full academic years of study, or 60 semester hours, beyond the second year is equivalent to 1 year of specialized experience. Determine the applicant's total qualifying experience as a percentage of the year of specialized experience. Then determine the applicant's education as a percentage of the education that meets the specialized experience. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify the applicant for that grade level.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S Department of Education. Transcripts must be included at time of application.
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Pass a pre-employment physical examination. An OF-178, Certificate of Medical Examination will be required if selected for this position. DO NOT SUBMIT AT TIME OF APPLICATION.
- Selectees will be subject to the AFRH Tuberculosis Surveillance Program.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application includes your résumé, responses to the online questions, and required supporting documents. Please be sure that your résumé includes detailed information to support your qualifications for this position; failure to provide sufficient evidence in your résumé may result in a “not qualified” determination.
Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following skill areas:
Category rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three quality level categories, Outstanding, Excellent, or Qualified, depending on your responses to the online questions, regarding your experience, education, and training related to this position. A subject matter expert may be used in the evaluation. Your rating may be lowered if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration. You may be required to participate in a selection interview.
If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)) you must be assigned the middle category or better to be rated as “well qualified" to receive special selection priority.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Not Required Drug test required Yes