Management Analyst (Workforce Planning)
25% or less - May require up to 25% of travel away from duty station.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
- Subject to Random Drug Testing
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Favorable suitability determination required.
- Financial Disclosure is required.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a "L" level Security Clearance.
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- Males must abide by Selective Service registration requirements.
- Compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPD-12) governing personal identity which will require that you provide two forms of identification.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- More than one position may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidate's online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower NNSA pay band or GS grade level in the Federal service i.e., NQ-01 or GS-07/08.
Specialized experience for this position is defined as: Experience applying management and/or program analysis of technical rules, guidelines, regulations, and precedents in order to govern basic objectives and policies regulating various management and/or program operations.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
Knowledge and skill in application of a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods, sufficient to develop strategies, approaches, and methodologies related to analyses of HR program management systems, processes, and procedures that apply to multiple NNSA organizations; and to conduct management studies.
Ability to use computer software to collect, organize, and manipulate large amounts of data that will enable the incumbent to provide statistical analysis, form conclusions, and/or options related to HR management goals and objectives.
Knowledge and skill in the application of management theories, principles, and practices sufficient to perform comprehensive management and program studies and reviews that have agency-wide applications.
- Knowledge of statutory foundation, organization and management structures, mission requirements, and program goals, to advise the HR Director of effectiveness of existing HR policies, systems, and functions in meeting mission and regulatory requirements, and of the impact of proposed changes to those requirements.
"Experience" refers to paid and unpaid experience. Examples of qualifying unpaid experience may include: volunteer work done through National Service programs (such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps); as well as work for other community-based philanthropic and social organizations. Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills; and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Time-in-Grade/Band: You must have completed 52 weeks in a position equivalent to the next lower band, i.e., NQ-01, GS-07/08.
CTAP/ICTAP candidates: To be considered "well qualified" you must meet all of the requirements as described in this section.
You must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
There are no education requirements for this position.
You must have one year of specialized experience which is equivalent to the next lower NNSA Demonstration Project pay band or GS grade in the federal system, i.e., NQ-01 or GS-07/08 grade level.
You may substitute the completion of two full years of graduate education or all the requirements for a master's (or higher) degree in a field directly related to analysis work (e.g. business administration, human resources, accounting, finance, or similar) for specialized experience requirement for NQ-02. Such education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position. Combinations of successfully completed graduate level education and specialized experience may be used to meet total experience requirements.
Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- The U.S. Department of Energy fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, please visit the links at the bottom of this page or visit the FedsHireVets website.
- If you believe that you are eligible for the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP), please visit the OPM ICTAP/CTAP website for more information. In order to be considered under the ICTAP program, your application must score within the pre-established "well qualified" category as stated in the Qualifications section.
- More than one selection may be made from this vacancy announcement.
- Some positions may require completion of a probationary period of up to 1 (one) year.
- Many positions require successful completion of a background investigation.
- All males born after December 31st 1959 must abide by laws regarding Selective Service registration. To learn more about this law, visit the Selective Service web page, Who Must Register. If you are not registered and don't have an approved exemption, you will not be eligible for employment with the Federal government.
EEO Policy: Click HERE.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy: Click HERE.
Veterans Information: Click HERE.
Telework: Click HERE.
Selective Service Registration: Click HERE.
Information about the NNSA Demonstration project can be found by clicking HERE.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
The Department of Energy uses an application tracking system to evaluate the responses you provide in the applicant assessment questionnaire to determine if you meet the minimum qualifications necessary for this position. Then, the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME) will conduct a quality review of your application and supporting documentation to determine if your qualifications meet the criteria for referral to the selecting official.
We will also verify that you are eligible for Merit Promotion positions by reviewing your previous Federal employment to ensure you meet Time-in-Grade requirements. If you are eligible to apply to Merit Promotion announcements based on Veteran or other non-competitive statuses, we will verify your supporting documentation prior to referral.
Your performance appraisals and incentive awards will be given due consideration in the selection process based on their relation to the duties of the position and the consistency with which they may be considered in evaluating you against other applicants.
If you are eligible for career transition assistance plans such as ICTAP or CTAP, you must meet the definition of "well qualified" which is defined as having a score of 85 or better.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit all required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance L Access Authorization Drug test required Yes