Attorney Advisor (CORE)
6 days left
- Full Time
Occasional travel - Occasional non-emergency travel required
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Please ensure you meet the qualification requirements described below.
The qualifications listed below must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
All applicants must possess the following:
1) A J.D. or LL.B. degree from an ABA accredited law school; and
2) An active membership, in good standing, of the bar of a state, territory of the United States, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
In addition to the above requirements you qualify for this position if you possess the following:
At least (5) years of full-time professional legal experience gained after being admitted to the bar. This minimum legal experience must include at least (4) years of specialized experience that is directly related to the position being filled. At least two of the four years of specialized experience must be at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to that of an attorney at the GS-14 level.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
1) Providing legal advice and legal reviews on contract formation and contact administration issues (to include experience in interpreting the Federal Acquisition Regulation); 2) Providing legal representation for an agency as the Trial Attorney in disputes pending before Administrative Boards of Contract Appeals and protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO); and 3) providing legal support to DOJ attorneys on cases before the Court of Federal Claims
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and provides valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/YY to MM/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume. For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here.
Current or former FEMA Reservists/DAE employees: To accurately credit your experience for these intermittent positions, make sure to list the dates (from MM/YY to MM/YY) of each deployment, along with the job title and specific duties you were responsible for during each deployment. Failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) must authorize employment offers made to current or former political appointees. If you are currently, or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, Non-career SES or Presidential Appointee employee in the Executive Branch, you must disclose this information to the Human Resources Office.
A J.D. or LL.B. degree from an ABA accredited law school
- To ensure the accomplishment of our mission, DHS requires every employee to be reliable and trustworthy. To meet those standards, all selected applicants must undergo, successfully pass, and maintain a background investigation for Public Trust clearance as a condition of placement into this position. This may include a credit check after initial job qualifications are determined (Mythbuster), review of financial issues, such as delinquency in the payment of debts, child support and/or tax obligations, as well as certain criminal offenses and illegal use or possession of drugs. For more information on background investigations for Federal jobs please visit the OPM website at https://www.opm.gov/investigations/background-investigations/.
- If you receive a conditional offer of employment for this position, you will be required to complete an Optional Form 306, Declaration for Federal Employment, and to sign and certify the accuracy of all information in your application, prior to entry on duty. False statements on any part of the application may result in withdrawal of offer of employment, dismissal after beginning work, fine, or imprisonment.
- DHS uses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities.
- This announcement may be used to fill one or more vacancies.
- All candidates must be able to deploy with little or no advance notice to anywhere in the United States and its territories for an extended period of time. Deployments may include working in excess of eight hours a day, or in excess of 40 hours per week, including weekends and holidays, and under stressful, physically demanding, and austere conditions. When activated and deployed, you serve in a federal travel status and are entitled to lodging, transportation and per diem reimbursements for authorized expenses in accordance with federal travel regulations.
- If selected for this position, and you have not previously completed these requirements, you are subject to (1) completion of a 2 day onboarding program at your primary duty location; and, (2) completion of a subsequent, multiple day orientation program within 90-120 days of hire, at a location to be determined. Travel associated with the orientation portion of this requirement may be at FEMA’s expense.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualification requirements listed above. We will review the information and materials you provide to evaluate whether you meet the basic qualification and eligibility requirements for this position.
Applicants who meet the qualifications for the position and submit a resume and law school transcript will be referred to the selecting official for further consideration.
This vacancy is being advertised/filled under the authority of Title 5 of the United States Code, the Schedule A authority for attorneys (5 CFR § 213.3102(d)), and FEMA’s Attorney Hiring and Promotion Plan. Veterans’ Preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under these authorities. This vacancy will result in an Excepted Service appointment.
To preview questions please click here. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No