Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Time in grade: Applicants must have one year at the GS-13 grade level to be considered for the GS-14 grade level.
Specialized Experience: In order to meet the specialized experience requirement, you will need to have completed 52 weeks of progressively responsible specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level. This experience may be gained under GS, PHHRS, another pay band system, or any combination of GS, pay band, or other experience.
The specialized experience for this position includes:
Experience managing a team and directing process analysis and evaluations to improve digital communication effectiveness and strategic alignment to include: disseminating Agency priorities and other information to stakeholders such as the consumer, industry, academia, and the general public; ensuring that communication activities are consistent with and support OPACE and FSIS long-range strategic, budget, and performance plans; interpreting, applying, and ensuring digital communications, including the web, comply with all relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines; developing and coordinating activities in order to conceptualize and implement strategy regarding a dynamic web presence through social media and create interactive web tools on the FSIS website and through other communication channels; and supervising and developing professional and support staff by scheduling priorities, assigning work, evaluating performance, and providing advice and counsel on technical or administrative matters.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- *Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP), Reemployment Priority List (RPL), or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as a CTAP, RPL, or ICTAP eligible see Career Transition. To exercise selection priority for this vacancy, CTAP/RPL/ICTAP candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirements and all selective factors. CTAP/ICTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section. When assessed through a score-based category rating method, CTAP/ICTAP applicants must receive a rating of at least 85 out of a possible 100.
- *This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
- *This position is eligible for telework and other flexible work arrangements. Employee participation is at the discretion of the supervisor.
- *Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc) should contact: USDAs TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TDD).
- *It is the policy of the Government not to deny employment simply because an individual has been unemployed or has had financial difficulties that have arisen through no fault of the individual. To see more information visit CHCO Council.
- *If you are selected, you may need to complete a Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) prior to being appointed to determine suitability for Federal employment and to authorize a background investigation. False statements or responses on a resume or application can jeopardize employment and may be grounds for disciplinary action, including removal from Federal service
- *If you are newly hired, the documentation you present for purposes of completing the Department Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 on your entry-on-duty date will be verified through the DHS "E-VERIFY" system. Federal law requires the use of E-VERIFY to confirm the employment eligibility of all new hires. Under this system, the new hire is required to resolve any identified discrepancies as a condition of continued employment. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify.
- *Veterans who are preference eligible or who have been separated from the armed forces under honorable conditions after three years or more of continuous active service are eligible for consideration under the Veteran's Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA).
- *Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- *Special Hiring Authorities Information: See Feds Hire Vets for more information regarding applying under the Veteran's Recruitment Act (VRA), 30 percent disabled veterans, certain military spouses, and Schedule A Disabled.
- *Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act (LMWFA) provides current or former temporary or term employees of federal land management agencies opportunity to compete for permanent competitive service positions. Individuals must have more than 24 months of service without a break between appointments of two or more years. Service must be in the competitive service and have been at a successful level of performance or better. Refer to PUBLIC LAW 114-47 for more information.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Competence
- Planning and Evaluating
- Administration &Management
- Written Communication
- Strategic Thinking
Note: If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service. Read more Security clearance Other Drug test required No